One Small Row For Us, One Giant Sail For Mankind

In the morning I woke up to the most beautiful scene in the world.
It was breathtaking.
Literally.
You're probably waiting for me to describe a pink and yellow sky of candy-floss, with light melting off a buttery sun. You're probably waiting for me to say that the water beneath us had somehow turned crystal clear, and that any signs of breakage and mess had magically disappeared.
Sorry to be blunt, but:
WAKE UP IDIOTS. THIS ISN'T UTOPIA.
WE JUST SURVIVED A TSUNAMI, FOR GOD'S SAKE.
Instead, I woke up to Zach sticking his bum in my face (hence my breath being taken in) and Jacob crouching behind me, giggling his head off, his toes somehow tangled in my hair.
As you can imagine, I wasn't very happy.

So naturally, I had to take the following actions:

- Scream

- Jump up

- Push Zach into the water

- And spin around, only to knock Jacob over

"OH MY GOSH! Sorry Jacob!" I gasped, pulling him up and dusting him down.

Meanwhile, Zach was crawling, soaked, back into the boat. 

"What on earth was that for?" he groaned, lying on his face.

"You annoyed me," I huffed in my defense, folding my arms. "You shouldn't have stuck your behind in my face. Who does that?"

Zach grunted and shrugged as Jacob giggled again. Then he took off his shirt and scrunched it up, chucking it in a corner.

I felt like I should have shielded my eyes, but then I remembered he was my brother.

I sighed, and looked up at the sky. Everything looked drab and dreary. 

"We're gonna have to start moving again," I said. "We can't stay here forever."

"Where are we gonna go?" Zach asked. "Are we just gonna sail on randomly? Because that's a bit risky."

"Yup," I said with a sigh. "Come on. You're rowing first."

"Hey! Why me?"

"Are you gonna make your weak little siste-"

"You're not weak. And you're definitely not little. We're the same age."

"Whatever! Just grab two branches," I said. Then I made Jacob sit down at the front, and began untying the rope that tied it to the Muffin Tree. Zach leapt down from a higher branch he had climbed, with two thick new 'oars' tucked under his arm. 

Jacob hummed 'Row, Row, Row Your Boat' while Zach and I talked quietly for the first time in forever. Who knew he enjoyed History? And got the highest grade ever received at our school for an Art piece?

"Yeah, but you're telling me you didn't notice Maddie was my friend for like, what, six years now?"

I looked down at Zach for his reply. I was the one rowing and pushing us along with the long oars. Kinda like those Italian guys, I think. Wait, do Italians do that?

Zach and Jacob suddenly stood up, staring ahead. 

"What's up with you guys?" I asked, shaking my head. Then I followed my gaze to wear Jacob was pointing.

"Oh," I whispered, eyes wide.

Land.

------------------

Sooooo what do you guys think? :)

Please vote, comment and follow if you haven't already! It would mean sooo much! PLEASE PLEASE VOTE AND COMMENT, don't be silent readers! It's nice to know who's actually reading my books!

And don't forget to check out my other books! :)

What do you think will happen next? What are they gonna find on the land? Who do you think should play Zach, Liberty and Jacob if it was a movie? Comment!!!

Teaser for next update - maybe today or tomorrow:

The land is an undiscovered island they've managed to float to. Zach also starts experiencing different pains which will later on lead to whether he survives or not :(