Chapter 9 ✔️

P.o.v. Sophia

"Hello?" Shawn said. "Hi" I whispered. My voice was shaking and I was really nervous. "Sophia?" he asked. I nodded until I realized he couldn't see me. "Yes" I answered. "I'm sorry" he said. "It's okay. I'm sorry too. I may have overreacted." I answered with a smile. "No that's not what I'm sorry for." he continued.

Okay this guy was complicated. Can't he just get straight to the point? Soph, focus!

"I'm sorry for giving you my number. This was a mistake. Goodbye Sophia" he whispered. "Shawn? Shawn?" I tried but it was too late. He had already ended the call.

I took my phone and threw it away. Jodie came towards me and sat next to me. "Why are guys so complicated?" I asked her. She barked and I started laughing. "I know I'm right" I responded.

We didn't do anything that evening. It was just Jodie and me. I'm really happy with her. She's the only one who can cheer me up.

When I was a little kid, I had the perfect life. A normal family and just a loving mom and dad. But everything changed when I got older. My mom became a workaholic and my dad became a drug dealer.

Life isn't full of roses. Life is hard, especially when you care about others. My mom died a few years ago. And my dad is still in prison.

I really miss being just a little kid. The innocence and just being enthusiastic about everything, yes even unicorns.

Beside my family, I've had a few boyfriends. But the relationships didn't last. Brian cheated on me with my best friend from high school.

And Darren ... well he's just an assholed. He didn't care about me. The only thing he cared for was sex and his f*cking d*ck.

Uh-uh ... I meant duck, yes his duck.

Anyway, I really thought that Shawn was different. He sounded so real but I guess I was wrong again. Well I've never been a specialist in love so I'm not that surprised. Maybe I just hoped he was different.

Guess all the boys are the same right...

🌸

We're a few days later now and it is Christmas. I haven't heard from Shawn since I called him. But I don't really care about it. He has to move on and so have I.

I turned on the radio and started to sing along.

I don't want a lot for Christmas
There's just one thing I need
I don't care about the presents
Underneath the Christmas tree

I just want you for my own
More than you could ever know
Make my wish come true
All I want for Christmas
Is you
Oeh baby

I started to dance and Jodie was making some jumps. I started to laugh and gave her a big hug. She's my everything and she's the only thing I need for Christmas.

I started to cook diner. After a while I was ready and I sat down in front of the television. Jodie looked at me with her puppy eyes. "No, you can't have my bacon" I said. She kept staring at me. "Okay okay" I responded. I gave her a piece of my bacon and smiled.

I turned on the television. "The Late Late Show with James Corden" I said. I've never watched it before. "Give us a big applause for the one and only, Shawn Mendes!" he yelled. I rolled my eyes. I wasn't really in the mood for this but I was to curious.

"So Shawn. We're buddies right?" James asked. Shawn smiled and answered "sure we are". James laughed a little. "So, you can tell me who this mysterious girl is, right?" he continued. There was picture of me.

My glass with water fell on the ground. I couldn't believe this. I turned on the volume.

Shawn just simply nodded. "She's a girl I met when I was stuck in the snow. It was sweet of her to help me out but she's nobody special" he answered with a big smile.

My mouth fell open. I wasn't special? He told me he loved me, but now I'm a nobody? He was so calm about all this. Was he serious? He said it like it was no big deal.

I turned off the television. I heard enough. How naive could I be? Why would I ever believe that he was different? Tears were filling my eyes. Why did this hurt so bad?

🌸

The next day I tried to forget everything. It wasn't easy but it was working. I didn't need him. It's always been me, all by myself. Why would I need him?

"Goodmorning" I sang optimistic. Jodie barked and I gave her a kiss on her forehead. "We're going to write some music" I shouted enthusiastically. Jodie barked again and I laughed. "And that's why I love you" I responded.

I took a quick shower, ate something small and sat by the piano. It has been a while since I played. I placed my hands on the keys. The emotions came out. I've never played like this before. It's like I could handle the whole world.

Okay I know that that sounds strange but I'm serious. It's like no one could stop me. I was strong and no one could break me down.

I opened my mouth and the words came out of there. One by one. I didn't have to think about anything. It was just me, the piano, the rhythm and the words.

After a while I was done playing. And all of a sudden the doorbell rang. Who could that be?

I opened the door and saw a woman standing there. "Are you Sophia Marcia?" she asked. I nodded. "Can I ask you a few questions?" she continued. "About?" I responded. "Shawn" he explained. I sighed a little but nodded.

I didn't know why I was doing this. I just hoped that it would be over for once and for all.

"So you know Shawn?" she asked. I shook my head. "No, I just helped him when he got stuck. That's all" I said.

I really had to be strong. I couldn't cry. Come on Soph, you can do this. Just be strong!

"So you don't love him?" she asked again. "No I don't love him, at all. Just helped him out. That's all." I responded. "Okay. Thanks" the woman said. I nodded and closed the door.

Will this mess finally be over now?

🌸

Done ✔️

When is your birthday?
Mine: 28th of may

It's strange right cause in Belgium they write it like this:

28/05/2000
So day / month / year

But in America it's different isn't it?

It doesn't really matter haha. It's just me being random!