Chapter 19 ✔️

P.o.v. Sophia

I woke up and got out of bed. "Hi Jodie" I said enthusiastically. I was feeling great. I didn't know why but I just was happy. I walked towards the bathroom and showered.

I've been dancing on top of cars and stumbling out of bars
I follow you through the dark, can't get enough

You're the medicine and the pain, the tattoo inside my brain
And, baby, you know it's obvious

I'm a sucker for you
You say the word and I'll go anywhere blindly
I'm a sucker for you, yeah
Any road you take, you know that you'll find me

I am a sucker for all the subliminal things
No one knows about you (About you), about you (About you)

And you're making the typical me break my typical rules
It's true, I'm a sucker for you, yeah

I sang loudly and even danced a little. I have always loved the Jonas brothers. Camp Rock was my favorite movie when I was young. I really loved the song 'Introducing me'. And now they're comeback is just amazing. It's such a good song.

I started to laugh a little. I love thinking about the good old days.

I got out of the shower and got dressed. I walked towards kitchen and ate something. I didn't have any plans for today so I'm just going to watch some movies.

Tomorrow is New Years Eve and I'm not ready for it. Yeah of course it's nice to hang out with friends but not when you have to scream a whole evening in each others ears because the music is too loud. It stinks because of all the alcoholism and there is 90% chance that someone will throw up. A lot of people will kiss and remind me that I don't have a boyfriend. Do you understand why I hate these things?

I sighed deeply. There was no option, I had to go. I wasn't excited about it but you know that's what they call being obligated by your friends.

Someone rang the doorbell. Who could that be? I sighed deeply and stood up. I opened the door. "Hi...!" I said. I looked at that guy who was standing in front of me. "Do I know you?" I asked when he didn't say a word. "Uhm.. not really. I'm new here. I'm James. I live across the street. Nice to meet you" he explained. I shook his hand.

"So uhm I'm throwing a house party tonight. You're always welcome to join if you want." he said. "Yeah sure. I'll be there" I answered with a smile. He smiled at me and thanked me. We said goodbye and he left.

He looked familiar. What was his name again? Oh shit. I've never been good with names. Nathan? No, that's not it. Zayn maybe? No, no, no. Wait. James! His name was James. I do know him but where have I seen him.

I thought about it all day long but I didn't know. He looked so familiar to me. I'm sure that I have seen him somewhere but maybe it was just in a supermarket.

I took my phone. Yes it is still alive, my new record. Anyway, it was already 2 p.m. and I decided to call Emma.

(Sophia - S / Emma - E)
S: hey ems, how are you doing?
E: fine! What about you?
S: i'm good. Do you have plans tonight?
E: no, why?
S: a guy asked me to come to his housewarming party. Do you wanna go with me?
E: yeah sure! What time?
S: that doesn't matter. We can order pizza together if you want and afterwards go to that party?
E: I'm in! You had me at pizza!
S: great!! See you at 6 o'clock?
E: sure!! See ya!

We ended the call. I still had time left to clean up a little, look for an outift and my makeup and stuff. So I decided to watch another movie.

Before I knew, it was already 5 o'clock. "Shit shit shit" I yelled. I grabbed all my stuff and tried to clean up a little bit. I've always been a chaotic person.

I was done and the doorbell rang. Perfect timing! I walked towards the door and Emma entered. "Hi" she said. "Hi." I answered. We ordered our pizzas and started to do our make up and stuff.

"Damn, you look amazing" Emma said. "Isn't it too much?" I asked unsure. She shook her head. "Is that boy handsome?" Emma asked with a wink. I started to laugh. "A little" I responded. "Yes! You're finally going to find a boyfriend!" she said. I laughed loudly.

The doorbell rang and I went downstairs. I gave the guy some money and accepted the pizzas. "Thank you" I said politely. He smiled and left. "Emma!" I yelled. She came downstairs and we ate our pizza.

When we had finished, we cleaned up the table and went upstairs. "We still have to do our had and outfits" Emma said. I nodded. I looked at my closet and sighed softly. "What's wrong?" Emma asked. "I have nothing to wear" I yelled frustrated.

She walked towards me and looked at my closet. She grabbed some stuff and gave it to me. "Try it" she said. I did what she said and looked in the mirror. "You look amazing" she said. "Yes I do! You're the best, Emma" I yelled. "You're welcome." she answered.

We did our hair and took out coat. It was already 8 p.m. and we heard already the music. "Stay" I told Jodie. I closed the door and we crossed the street. There were a lot of people already.

The door was open so we just entered. I saw James. "Hi James" I yelled. "Hi Sophia! Thanks for coming! If you need anything there is something to drink, you can go outside or you can just look around. I'll talk to you in a bit!" he yelled. He turned around and disappeared.

I looked around and walked through the backdoor. "Oh my god! He has a swimming pool" Emma yelled. I started to laugh. "Do you wanna go outside?" someone asked behind me. I turned around and saw James standing there. I smiled and nodded. He took my hand and dragged me outside.

And then I saw him... what is he doing here?

🌸

Done ✔️
Who do you think?

Little tip: it's not Shawn 😉

Byeee 👋🏻