Chapter 8: Pouring Rain

Alison’s Pov

 When I woke up I could hear reporters outside of my window.  I got up from my bed and started to change.  When I put on my jeans I could see the stab wound.  I sat down on the bed and traced around the wound. Until my mom interrupted.

 “Mom,” I yell while covering my wound with a pair of jeans.

 “Sorry, but Spencer is outside,” Mom said.

 “What,” I say getting up and walking to the window.

 “Honey,” Mom said while walking over to me.

  “What,” I say turning around.

  “Your thigh,” Mom says pointing at my leg. 

 I look down and think to myself; why did I get up.

  “Its nothing,” I say walking back to my bed.

  “I don’t know,” Mom says walking closer to me.

  “Mom I said it was fine,” I yell.

  She backs up and walks out of my room.  I go into the hallway to say sorry, but then I see Emily walking up the stairs.

  “Emily what are you doing here,” I say while looking at her.

  “Spencer and I are picking you up and I wanted to talk to you,” Emily said.

  “Oh,” I say.

  “We will talk after you put some pants on,” Emily says giggling.

  “Oh yeah,” I say running in my room and putting on my pants. 

 As Emily came in I had my pants on.  I sat on the bed and Emily sat on the chair close to the window.

  “I wanted to say I’m sorry for last night,” Emily said.

  “Its fine I understand,” I said

  “Can we start out to be friends,” Emily said looking at me.

  “I am sorry but no; I been your friend for too long,” I say looking down at my feet.

  “Alison--,”

  “I don’t want to fight so I think you should go,” I said as tear dropped from my eye

  “Ok,” Emily said as she walked out of the room.

  I went to the mirror and whipped my tears from my eyes and got my makeup on and headed to the car that was waiting for me.  When I walk out of the door I see Spencer sitting on my porch.

  “Spencer,” I say.

  “Oh sorry I zoned out,” Spencer said while getting up and walking to the car.

  I followed her in the car and sat in the back seat because Emily was in the front.  Sometimes she would look in the side view mirror and just star at me and I just stared at her.  When we got to school I got out of the car and that’s when people stopped and stared.  I was walking up the stairs when someone yelled to me.

  “Bitch,”

  “I looked at them for a second and then kept walking.  As I was walking through the halls I could hear people whisper about me, and yell at me.  I had to be strong because I am not going to let a few words get to me. I stopped to look at my schedule to see what I had first.  Then it said Mr. Fitz; I rolled my eyes because I didn’t want to see my past boyfriend at the moment.  But if I didn’t show up then people will think I’m the same person; The queen bee bitch. 

  “Did you see who you got for your first class,” Aria said while she came up behind me.

  “Yeah, I have Mr. Fitz,” I said looking at Aria.

  “Great all the girls have him first too,” Aria said while walking to the class.

  “Great Emily is going to be in there,” I whispered to myself in a sarcastic tone.

  When I got in the room I went to the very back so he wouldn't see me and anyone else.  As school was going I can see some people glance at me and I couldn’t take it anymore.

  “Take a picture it will last longer,” I shouted.

 After I said it, I knew it was a mistake.

 “Um. Are you done,” Ezra said while looking right into my eyes.

  “Sorry,” I say as I look down.

  Then my phone buzzes and I look at it from under my desk. It was a text from an unknown number:

  1…2…3… Lights Out  -A

 Then the lights go out.  I quickly get up and run out of the room and the girls follow.

  “Stop Alison,” Hanna yelled.

  I stopped and ran and hugged Emily.

  “Alison what’s wrong,” Emily said while patting my back.

  I break the hug and gave her my phone.  As Emily took my phone she read it and then she gave it to Spencer.

  “I need to get out of here,” I say while going in panic mood.

  “Ali calm down,” Emily said while reaching out from me.

  “Don’t,” I say to Emily while running away.

  When I get outside it’s pouring rain.  I hear voices behind me but I just ignore them.  Then someone grabs my arm.  I turn around and it’s Emily and I standing on the road.

  “Why did you hug me then you would not let me touch your arm,” Emily questioned.

  “You don’t get it,” I said.

  “What don’t I get,” Emily said back to me.

  “Being alone every day.  Every day that I was gone I got sadder because I thought you were dead,” I said while a teardrop escapes from my eye.

  "Well how did you think I felt when you were gone,” Emily said getting closer to me.

  “I thought since you were with Paige you lost feelings for me, “I said while looking straight into her eyes.

  “Alison even though I am with someone, I never stopped loving you,” Emily says.

  Then I run to her and kiss her.  I felt for one time in my life that I was crazy in love. We broke the kiss and looked in each other’s eyes.

 “I love you,” Emily says.

 “I love--,” I begin to say but Emily pushed me to the side of the road.

  I see a car inches away from her.

  “Emily,” I yell.

  But I was too late the car hit her.  As the car backed up and drove off I ran to Emily.  As I get down on my knees I called to her.

  “Emily please stay awake,” I say as tears started streaming down my face.

  Emily didn’t wake up and so I started screaming for help.