Chapter 17: The Past In The Present

Emily’s Pov

 When I was glaring at Noel, he started looking at Ali and smirked, but Alison didn’t see it.  I was about to after him until Alison took my arm and dragged me out of the school.

 “Why are we outside the school,” I asked.

 “To go home; school is over,” Alison said.

 “Alison not for me.  I have swimming,” I said with a smirk.

 “Fine I am going to get something from my house then I am going to watch you swim,” Alison said biting her lip.

 “Ok; well see ya,” I said as I kissed Alison.

 She let go of my arm and ran to her car.  I loved seeing her run because she is so bad at running in high heels.  I smirk and walk to the locker room to get changed for swimming.  Until someone yelled my name.

 “Emily,”

 I looked around the room and saw a blonde figure with someone in her personal space.  I don’t know if its Alison or Abby, but I don’t care I run to the them and push the guy off.  Then I see the combat boots on her feet and I realized its Abby.  She hugs me in her arms and just stays there stunned; emotionless.  As I look at the guy I found out it was Ben.

 “What the hell Ben,” I yelled.

 “I can explain,” Ben said.

 Ben tries getting up but falls on the ground and from that I knew that he was drunk.

 “Alison needed to be taught a lesson; by breaking up with me,” Ben said then passing out in the school hallways.

 I look at Abby and then I started looking everywhere because I am stunned what he just said.

 “He is drunk,” I whisper.

 Abby looks at me with sad eyes.

 “Emily people who are drunk say the truth that they been hiding; so I am afraid its true,” Abby says unlocking the hug and puts a shield on, like Alison does before she went missing.

 “Well have fun with that, I have go to a party,” Abby said and walked off.

 I was still in the same position and see then I snapped out of it when the couch called the team in.  I walked over to the locker room to listen what the coach has to say.

 “There is a scout coming in for a few days and so he will be picking one person to give the scholarship,”

 I got really nervous because this could be my shot to get a full ride scholarship.

 Swimming Is Over

 I get out of the pool and I see Alison in the stands.  When I look at her I roll my eyes and keep walking.