Chapter 35: The Past And The Goodbyes

Alison's Pov

"Abby it's been 4 hours could we talk or play a board game," I ask as I set my book on the table.

"Fine," Abby said as she took off her headphones and set it on the side table along with her iPod.

"Are you ok with killing A," I ask.

"Yeah, why," Abby said slowly.

"It's just that killing someone it's pretty big and doing that has to haunt you somehow," I explained.

"Well it didn't haunt me because.... I seen it before," Abby said and got up from the couch and walked into the kitchen.

I jumped up from the couch and quickly walked to the kitchen with Abby.

"What do you mean you seen it before," I yelled in shock.

Abby set down the loaf of bread and looked at me.

"When I was 13 I became friends with bad people,"

"Continue,"

"Well three of my friends were buying some cocaine and I was coming with them because I didn't want to sit at home and watch another child go home to a perfect family.

Flashback

"Abigail come on," Gus said. As the two boys were walking past us two.

"I don't know if we should do this," I said with a worried face.

"Are you being a wimp again. Your 13 stop being a goody two shoes because we all know your never going to be adopted," Gus stated.

"You don't know that," I said with a little anger.

"We know that and everyone knows that and you should too. Why does Mrs. Hansberry always favor you,"

"Because I'm nice," I questioned.

"Nope because she knows your never going to have a mother," Gus stated.

A tear slipped out of my eye but I quickly wiped it and walked pass Gus. Gus caught up with me and we entered in the alley.

"Hey you have the stuff," James yelled. One of my friends.

"Yeah, but do you have the money," The man said.

"Yep Kyle has it," James said as he shoved Kyle a little.

The man gave the cocaine to James and Kyle gave the money to the man.

"This is only $30.00 dollars," The man said with anger.

"Run," Gus shouted and all of us took off.

Then we heard a gun shot and I looked behind me and saw Kyle dead on the floor with the man holding a gun to the dead body. Gus quickly took my hand and we all ran and the man was running after us. James pointed to an apartment building and we all ran into the building and hid in the bathroom. We each got into a stall and waited. After 30 minutes went by we got out of the stall and tried to collect our thoughts.

Tears were streaming down my face as I fell on the floor and started crying harder as James and Gus were yelling at each other.

"Why didn't you give him all the f*ck'n money," Gus yelled.

"Because if Mrs.Hansberry found out that all of our money is gone she was going to question us. James said.

"well you killed Kyle. What are we going to do he saw us. We can't go back to the boarding house," Gus said with anger as he put his hands over his face.