× Oye, Mr Neighbor ×

I awaited for Tara to stir in her sleep, till she finally got up. She looked up at me with confusion.

"What happened last night?"

I went and hugged Tara, as I ruffled her head. She looked at me with despair.

"What happened?!"

My eyes began to moist, as a tear rolled out of my eye. I couldn't even tell her everything properly without getting emotional.

"Did something bad happen? Did I do anything? Ileana, please tell me."

"Are you in love with Aditya?"

Tara quivered.

"Umm.. No."

"Tara, I know everything."

Tara put her head in her hands.

"That fucking Abhimanyu. He made me do that challenge. And now I've ruined everything."

"No it's our fault that we trusted those two."

"What do you mean?"

I explained everything that had occurred over the night.

"What?! Ileana. I'm so sorry. I can't believe I actually acted on my feelings."

"Well, initially I took Aditya away from you. But it turns out were just sexual objects to him."

"The only difference is that I let him have me like that, while you saw yourself beyond that. Yet either way, we both got screwed."

"Literally."

I looked at her, as we both erupted into laughter.

"And what's the deal with Abhimanyu? I thought he was your saviour."

"He made you do that dare on purpose. And your asking me why I shouldn't be pissed at him. All men are the same."

"I agree. This is why I never believed in love."

"For the first time in my life, I have never been so disappointed in love. Even my parents love couldn't live on. Death took it away."

I began to feel more miserable, as I pondered about it. Tara put her arms around me.

"Hey, but we got each other right."

"Tara, if there's anything I gained in this trip. It's the bond I have with you."

She smiled, though she suddenly became sad.

"Though I'll be alone, once you leave."

"Come with me to Mumbai for some time. You can also spend time with your mum. She would love that she sent one daughter to bring back another."

"What about work? I can't just leave everything and come."

"What about your mental health? If I have learned anything from this trip. It's that you shouldn't go through your darkest days alone. Sometimes we do need someone there to support us. And that has always been your mum and now you. So now it's my turn."

Tara became emotional, as she hugged me tight.

"I'll have a word with Mr Shrivastav."

"That's my sister."

---------------------------------------------------------
We began to pack, as we decided to leave today. Tara had spoken to Mr Shrivastav, who happily obliged to take care of the estate. He asked about Aditya that put Tara on the edge. She told him that he was no longer part of the business. When she finally finished her call, she realized there were a ton of missed calls by Aditya himself. She also got a message from him, asking her to meet him.