x Let's Be Normal x

A day went by till we received news from Kundan. Aditya, Zara and I were sitting in the station, anticipating the news. He was planning to meet Ravinath Singh in person very soon. We sighed in relief, as my eyes met Aditya who was looking at me. After yesterday's confrontation, things had been even more arkward between us.

We sat in silence, till Zara broke the ice.

"How am I going to meet Ravinath?"

Aditya answered.

"There will be a party at the M.P's house. Kundan would have told Ravinath about you."

"And what if he doesn't believe our story."

"He will. Because you will be going to the party."

Zara looked on bewildered.

"What?"

"You will be going with Dev sir. He will introduce you to the M.P in front of Ravinath."

"And that won't come across as suspicious?"

"No because Kundan is going to tell him that you work in the police force. And that's where he found you with Ileana."

Zara nodded in agreement. There was a buzz from Gulshan's phone. He looked up at us, relieved.

"He knows. Now we have to prepare Zara for the party."

A lady officer appeared, along with Dev Sir who took her away. I finally met Aditya's eyes.

"Do you think Zara will be okay?"

"If she can confront me. She can confront anyone. She's a lioness that can't be tamed."

Aditya's eyes sparkled at the mention of her name. I could still feel the deep admiration for her.

The day went by, as Zara was briefed and trained through Dev. They were set to attend the party, where she was dressed in a plain white and silver embroidered salwar kameez, adorned with a white scarf over her luscious black hair. Her eyes were brimmed with black kohl, and ears dangling with silver jhumkas.

Aditya and I watched her leave the station in awe yet intrigue.
---------------------------------------------------------
Zara

I heeded to Aditya's plan, as I accompanied Dev Sir to the party. It was hosted amongst a lavish garden, where white fairy lights were hanging above us in rows. The decor was simple, yet enriched with the most elite and prominent figures. I never imagined attending a party full of people that served our nation. The national pride in me was rising. Although my body was cool, my mind was a nervous wreck as everyone's eyes were boring right into me. There were a myriad of glances that were either out of curiosity, distaste or intrigue.

The main attention that I was focused on attaining was Ravinath Singh's. I couldn't locate him anywhere, until Dev sir took me towards the M.P, who was entertaining a few guests. He was immaculately dressed in a white vest, and red shirt inside. There was peaks of white strands in his hair, showing signs of ageing or maybe even stress. I could imagine how stressful his job would have been. As we walked right up to him, his eyes widened at the sight of me.

I greeted him.

"Asalaam Walekum, Saab."

He smiled, nodding at me, while passer-bys were staring at the scene. Dev introduced me to him, as the M.P listened patiently. He then offered his hand to me, shaking it warmly.

"I'm honored to meet you Miss Zara Khan. I'm glad to know that there is a strong representation of diversity amongst our national heroes."

I smiled, overwhelmed by the praises that was showered upon me. I felt bad that I was lying to his face, but in a way it felt good. Dev Sir indulged more in the conversation between us, until a group of men entered the scene. The man of the hour arrived, as I frowned at the image of his despicable nature. He entered the scene with a certain pride that amazed everyone, including the M.P whose attention was drawn to him.