x The Dangerous Deal x

Tara

"How long do you think it will take?"

I asked Inspector Gulshan, who was awaiting for Aditya's call. He, Sahil, Zara and I were all at the station. Aditya was yet to bring proof, and we waiting anxiously. It had been over two hours, as we relentlessly wondered how things were panning out.

Inspector Gulshan's phone rang, as he immediately answered.

"Adi?! How are things?"

He put his phone on speaker.

"Were just on our way, sir! But Ravinath and Hussain's men have been alerted. They are pursuing us."

"Oh no! Did you manage to get Ileana out of there?!"

I crossed my fingers, hoping my baby sister was okay. I couldn't afford to lose her. Especially when our bond with each other now was so tight. When Gulshan Sir explained everything that had occured. I was so mad. I even gave him an ultimatum. If Ileana didn't return home alive. I would take action against him. It was wrong on their behalf for not informing us and to change the plan unexpectedly, even if they were strategising.

"She's with Kundan and I. She's fine. There isn't a single stratch on her."

I let out a huge sigh, while Sahil put his hand on mine. He gave me a sweet smile, as I placed my head on his shoulder. We couldn't afford to lose our precious one. Zara was relieved as well.

"How far are you? If you manage to get here soon. They can't harm you at all. They will immediately escape. And if they do attack, I will have a team prepared."

"Were atleast twenty minutes away. I'm heading as fast as I can. I'm trying hard to get rid of them."

"I'll send a few of my officers then."

"Send them right away!"

The call ended, as Gulshan got up to leave his office. The rest of us sat in silence, as we prayed for them to be back alive.
--------------------------------------------------------
Ileana

As the call ended, Aditya sped up his car. We were well away from Hussain's men. I sent Gulshan Sir a text of our current location, as I sat there perplexed.

"I thought I was betrayed, again."

"I know."

Aditya's tone went low. I looked at him baffled.

"What?"

"We were meant to rescue you. But we changed the plan last minute. We sent Kundan to you, with a recording device."

"I figured. But wait, recording device?!"

Kundan took off his chain, passing it to me.

"There's a microphone chipped inside. We thought we will record Ravinath's confession first, then come to rescue you at the same time. But a lot happened that we didn't see coming."

Aditya had a tinge of worry in his voice.

"Do you think my Aja was lying? What if he and my Mamas' teamed up together to kill my father?"

"He wasn't lying."

I looked back at Kundan.

"When I told him that you were alive. Ravinath's expression was that of joy. He paid me more money, to make sure that you would come to him. That too safe."

I was shocked.

"I'm not an expert when it comes to emotions. But even a fool would notice how much your grandfather loves you."