x Revelations x

Ileana
Mumbai
Present

"So you were never really in love with me."

I had boldly stated that, as everyone stared at me. Abhimanyu looked at me with concern, while Aditya was trying hard to compose himself.

"No. I was only in love with this story. My passion was only towards getting justice."

"Why didn't you just tell me the truth? I would have helped you either way."

"Because I felt it was the only way for you to open up."

"You didn't have to use my heart. You could have simply used my mind."

I could feel myself breaking, as I tried to hold myself together. Aditya couldn't meet my gaze.

"I know. But now I understand why you chose not to speak up. Your life is now in danger. And it's because of me."

Tara intervened.

"Oh hell it is. You've endangered all of us."

"But what if it's a sign?"

I snorted.

"A sign?"

"There was no justice for my Chachu's death. But maybe this is a chance for redemption for your parents. I can call my Mama and he can investigate further. We might even find evidence this time."

For a second, I really wanted to believe him. But Tara held onto me, tightly.

"Don't believe him again. This could be his ploy."

"Ileana, I am many things. But I'm not a bad man. Think about it. You've been saved for the second time. These men have reappeared again. But this time, we have one with us. He can lead us to your parents killers. My book may have ruined your life. But it can also fix the past."

My heart began to accelerate.

"And what would you get out of this?"

"A revelation for those murdered just for falling in love. Is it really a crime to?"

I could feel my tears falling as Tara embraced me. Abhimanyu was upset, as he walked right up to Aditya.

"I'm with you."

"What? Out of all the people, you were the first one to detect his cruel intentions."

Tara outburst.

"His intentions were cruel. But what can he do? His image is already finished. It was my word against his. So the poor writer is left with no choice but to make it up to us."

"Get to the point, Hero."

"I'm saying. Let's take advantage of him, just like he did with Ileana."

"You know what? I'll call my Mama."

We sighed. Sahil finally spoke.

"Let's give him a chance. He did risk his own life to save Ileana."

Tara gave Sahil a look.

"How about we just find out?"

Tara grunted. Aditya called his Mama, who was immediately on his way.

While we were waiting, Aditya went to tighten the rope around the man, as I sat stressed on the couch. Abhimanyu had went to the kitchen, as Tara and Sahil sat next to each other on the other side of me. Sahil was aware of the proximity he was sharing with Tara, as he played with his knuckles nervously. Abhimanyu returned with a glass of water in his hand, giving it to me. He sat right next to me, as he gave me his handsome smile. I smiled back, as I took the glass from his hands. His fingers touched mine briefly, as we shared eye contact. In a flash, I noticed Aditya's eyes on me, as he looked at us closely. I turned to him, as he quickly moved his gaze away. I took a sip of water, as I looked towards the door, impatiently.