x Affection x

As Aditya took a turn towards the direction to his apartment, it began to downpour erratically. The raindrops fell aggressively, as Adi took his time to reach the colony. We eventually made it, as he managed to park his car in the lot. A thunderstorm arose, as the sound of doom made me jolt in my spot. I looked out at the weather, beginning to feel scared. Every time I came here, I was always cursed. Aditya hopped out of the car, as he rushed to my side. He had his jacket over his head, while he signaled me to come out. I picked up my bag and got out as we walked under his jacket towards the building. The security guard greeted us, as his smile widened at me. I greeted him back, as we ran to the elevator. We were finally out of the rain, as we made our way to the apartment. We got there, as Aditya led the way. I glanced over at Abhimanyu's door briefly, until Aditya had opened the door.

I walked inside, feeling a strange rush of air go past me. I immediately hugged myself, due to the cold as Aditya put his jacket on me. I looked up at him with big eyes, as he walked off.

"I'll just be back."

I nodded, as I went and sat on the couch. I looked outside at the view, as streaks of lightening flashed before my eyes. It began to rain much heavier, as rain hit the window like stones. I wondered if we were able to drive back.

"I think we'll have to stay around for some time. I just read the news, it's pretty rough out there. I'll contact Sahil. He can look after the rest."

I simply nodded, as Aditya went to call him. I sat there pondering over the day until Aditya returned. He perched himself on the couch, with something in his hand. It was his novel. He smiled, passing it on to me.

I took it from his hands, as I looked at the cover confused yet enlightened. A whiff of odor went past, as I recoiled at my own smell. I had been working all day, and I badly needed a shower. Or even a nice bath. What better place to have it in my own apartment, like the old times? Maybe I could read the novel in the bath, especially with the time that I had.

"Adi, may I take a bath?"

"Sure, consider it your own home."

He teased me, as I gave him a look.

"I'll get you a towel and fresh clothes."

"Thanks."

I took off Aditya's jacket, as I took the novel with me to the bathroom.
---------------------------------------------------------
I was halfway through the novel, engrossed and lost. Although I already knew what it was going to be about, it felt strangely nice to hear it from a fresh perspective. I was sitting in my bath, reading my own book in my own apartment. Except the girl had changed. The way Aditya wrote about me was so hauntingly beautiful. He accentuated my character and qualities in a hero like way. What happened to me was tragic, yet he painted me so strong. As I read about our love story that he captured, I couldn't help but blush at the memories we shared. He had given our characters alternative names, but the authenticity was intact. It was practically the truth, which celebrated my courageous spirit.

I was still getting through to the end when a knock protruded from the door.

"It's been almost forty-five minutes. Are you planning to stay in that bathtub forever?"

"Well, not forever. Until I finish your novel."

I shouted across to him.

"Oh, well that's forgiven. How far are you into it?"

"Just half-way."

"I guess I will have to wait longer for you then."

I bit my lip.