x Do You Still Hate Me? x

I woke up against the cool bathroom wall, as my tired eyes fluttered open gently. I realized I was still in the bathroom, breathing yet lifeless. As I got up, I washed my face again and stepped out of the bathroom. I rushed to my room, when I bumped into Abhimanyu. He stopped to look at me with concern.

"Hey, there you are! I wanted to ask you about last night. How was it?"

I couldn't find the words. But I faked a smile.

"The bastard spilled his guts. I'm sure he will aid the police soon."

"That's great. Though how do you feel?"

"A little more hopeful."

More like terrible. I tried not to cry in front of him.

"And Aditya?"

I recalled how he comforted me last night.

"He was just there for support. Besides shouldn't he be making up for what he did to me."

Abhimanyu smiled, though he was a little apprehensive about him.

"I don't know. I just hope he isn't acting."

"That's your job."

He chuckled.

"Anyway, I'll see you in a bit."

He nodded, as I entered my room. Tara was getting ready, as I went to grab my clothes to change. As soon as she saw, she heaved a big sigh of relief.

"You weren't in bed last night? Where were you?"

I sighed. Should I tell Tara everything? I didn't even know myself. I was beginning to loathe myself. I began to break down. I knew I couldn't keep my emotions together for long. I had surrendered. Tara immediately went forth to hug me.

"Hey! What's wrong? Did that bastard hurt you?"

"I was meant to die, Tara."

She looked at me with shock.

"What?!"

I explained everything to get that had occured in the cell last night. I excluded the Aditya part. As soon as heard my story, she hugged me tightly.

"Oh Ileana, you can't blame yourself for something that was not in your control. Your parents were brave people. That's why they loved each other despite their parents disapproval. They dared to have you. And I know it may hurt to say. But your parents sacrificed their lives to keep you alive for a reason. You will live to tell your parents story and inspire others to pursue their love no matter what."

I couldn't help but sob even louder, as Tara ruffled my back.

"And you have Ma and me."

I smiled, as Tara looked at me wiping my tears.

"Now where's my strong, sweet girl?"

I smiled, as Tara hugged me.

---------------------------------------------------------
Once I got freshened up, Tara and I went to have breakfast. Abhimanyu Sahil and Ma were already seated, when Aditya later joined us. There was a spare seat next to me, when Aditya came and sat right next to me. Abhimanyu almost choked on his food, while Tara had her eyes ajar.

As he reached for the plate of toast, he turned to me and gave me a warm smile.

"Are you okay?"

I nodded giving him a smile back. Tara held my hand, squeezing it.

"It's okay."

I reassured her about him.

Gulshan Sir and Dev Sir arrived with a cheery look on their face. We looked at them with anticipation.