x Confessions x

I sat there in the cubicle trembling, as the noise carried on. I knew it would only stop, until the men found me. I tried to focus on the tiles before me, counting each one to distract myself. The nurse was also with me, as we sat there closely with one another. There was a sudden bang, as we jolted in our spots. I could hear a pair of footsteps approaching, as my heart beat began to escalate. I held onto the nurse, as we sucked our breath in. The person began to open the cubicle doors, as he began to search for us. Each door sprung open, when their footsteps were a few millimetres away from us. He was almost at our door, when I noticed that the nurse had a scaple on her. I immediately pulled it out, when the door suddenly flung open. A large bulky man towered above us, as the nurse squealed. I took the scaple and struck it into the man's leg, as he cried out in pain. I pushed him aside, while urging the nurse to run with me.

We bolted out of the bathroom door, as we were back out in the hallway. Though as we looked to our left side, a few men were waiting out for the other man. They noticed us, as I grabbed the nurse's hand and we fled in the opposite direction. We were running, turning various corners. The men were hot on our trail, as I tried to locate a safe spot. We were running out of time as well as our breath when I noticed the door that lead to the storage room. I indicated to the nurse about the room, when a bunch of men appeared from the other end. The nurse and I realized that we were cornered from either end. As we were about to flee inside the room, a string of bullets went straight into the air. We froze, as soon as the gun was pointed towards us. One of the henchmen, who was a dark, skinny looking man walked up to us, as he grabbed the both of us by our hair.
The nurse and I squealed in pain, and terror by the guns that were right upon us. The man who had distasteful breath, looked right into me as he tried to decipher the victim they were looking for.

"She does resemble Ravinath Saab, a little."

He smiled creepily, as he took in my features. He traced his finger from my forehead, to the tip of my nose and then down to my lips that sent a chill down my back. I recoiled in disgust, as the man was feeling me. He then turned to the nurse, looking at her up and down.

"And what do we have here. Two for the price of one."

The rest of the men chuckled.

"But sorry darling, your not the one we are looking for. Maybe, some other time."

The nurse was hyperventilating at his words, as he gave a sinister wink. He pushed her away, as he suddenly grabbed me and pulled me away.

"Now we can get out of here peacefully or painfully. Your choice, jaaneman."

I tried to stay calm, as he dragged me away. The nurse couldn't do much, as the men held their guns at her. She looked at me helpless, as I had no choice but to give in. I couldn't risk her life either, but deep inside I knew that Dev Saab would be here with his team. They would rescue me and we would discuss a change in the course of the plan. I just had to be calm and strong. The man was impressed, as he dragged me through the hallway while everyone looked on at us, with bloodshot eyes. I heard a familiar voice cry out, as I turned back. It was Tina, who was running towards me. The men immediately drew their guns at her, as I strongly reacted.

"Nooo. Please, I am coming with you peacefully. Do not shoot her!"

The man nodded, as he signalled his men to put their guns aside. He continued dragging me away, while Tina was obstinate, but I urged her not to step any forward closer. I pleaded with her through my eyes, as she looked on at me with despair. The men continued dragging me out to the foyer, until we got outside. I was expecting the police to show up any moment, but the entrance was clear. It was only fellow patients, nurses and doctors that were surrounding us, stricken with fear. I waited for any moment, where I would be saved away by Dev or Gulshan Sir. But no one was there, as a van approached and I was pushed inside with the rest of the henchmen. I screamed, hoping that any of them still out there, in case they couldn't locate me. But as I continued screaming, no one heard my cries. And in that moment, I was wondering if I had been betrayed again. The veichle began moving, as I watched United fade away in the distance, while my eyes were brimming with tears.
---------------------------------------------------------