x Old Connections x

"Oh Abhi! Faster. FASTER!!"

I made sensual noises, while Abhimanyu faked it along with me. And he was certainly no less than me, as he made it sound so believable. I began to giggle in between, as we finished our fake sex session.

"Ileana Singh, your not as innocent as you look."

"And I probably don't sound as much. Serves him right."

"Honestly, I don't understand how he resists you."

I looked at Abhimanyu, who just stared back at me.

"Do you still have feelings for him?"

I bit my lip.

"It's complicated."

"Well, I was thinking once this mission is all over. If you wanted to grab coffee sometime?"

"Are you asking me out, Abhimanyu Raina?"

He chuckled.

"I've been wanting to since Conoor. But you had a lot going on."

I was speechless. The hero I used to ogle at during the days I lived here was asking me out. And yet my stupid heart was still beating for the guy who has been playing with my emotions ever since the summer in Conoor. Why do we always crave for things we can never get? And besides, I did like Abhimanyu. But that was till I met Aditya.

"Abhi, I still have a lot going on."

"I know. But I can still wait."

I raised my eyebrows at him.

"And your so convinced we will end up together?"

"And your convinced you will end up with Aditya?"

Ouch.

"But you meet so many beautiful heroines. Why don't you go out with one of them? Especially that actress, with whom your pairing became a hit with. You guys have such sizzling chemistry, I must say. Every girl wanted to be her at that time."

"Nandini? Were just good friends."

"That's what all you actors say."

I rolled my eyes.

"And why can't actors be with someone normal?"

"They can. But we just like shipping you with other actors."

I smiled cheekily at him.

"I prefer simplicity. As surprising as that sounds."

I was indeed surprised.

"And I find that in you. I really like you, Ileana. And I can't hold myself back any longer."

His eyes bored into mine, as my heart began to thump loudly. If someone told my sixteen year old self that Abhimanyu Raina would desire me. I would not believe them at all. But then there was the writer next door, whose words were still affecting my soul.

"I'm flattered, Abhi. But I kinda want to subtract you and Aditya out of my life and add in my career."

"Oh well I was hoping you wouldn't divide yourself amongst the two of us. And perhaps multiply the chances of being with me."

"Haha, that was a good one."

Abhimanyu smiled, as I couldn't help but swoon.

"But the equation is simple. I just want to focus on my ambitions, without any complications."

Abhimanyu nodded, disappointed by my response.

"But we can still get coffee, as friends. I mean how cool would it be hanging out with Mumbai's blue eyed boy? My friends would have been so jealous."