Chapter 4 - There's someone in my room.

I decided to walk to school today, I left early so I wouldn't have to talk to anyone. My mum is proud of Carly for being so strong about her pregnancy. Do me a favour.

She wasn't proud of me for trying to find a way out. Although last night was rather frightening. They need to stop being nicey, nice.

Instead of walking towards school I head towards the local beach, there are nice cliffs to sit on. I need a break to think and since I can't speak to my friends I need space to be alone.

I sit with my legs dangling off the edge above the freezing water. The only sounds I hear are the waves crashing below me and the traffic in the background.

I look at the time to see I have half an hour until lessons so I quickly run for it.

I get there just in time and me and Ella walk to first lesson gossiping as per usual.

******

School finally ends and I'm ready to go home and sleep. I walk home like I always do and find nobody home.

A loud bang upstairs draws my attention and me being stupid follows it. I hear one more coming from my actual room.

I slowly and silently open the door and peep through the gap to see a male figure wearing all black. I take a step back pulling my phone out. I don't know what gave me the idea to ring him but I did.

"Beau?" I whisper down the phone.

"What's up?"

"It's Charlie."

"Oh. Uh, hey, everything okay? I didn't read the caller I.D so I thought it was probably Carls."

"There's someone in my room."

"Where's Carly?"

"She went out."

"I'll be there now, walk back downstairs yeah?"

"Y-yeah." and then the line goes dead. I stand by the front door still hearing banging upstairs. I re open the front door and soon enough Beau is heading towards the front door. Relief hits me. I'm safe.

He gives me a nod then heads up the stairs. Not wanting to be alone I follow him gripping onto his arm.

"Stay quiet." he whispers loosening my arm and taking my hand instead. Weird but comforting. He stands me to the side of the door then opens it not making any noise. I look around the corner as he creeps up behind the guy grabbing him, pinning him to the floor. "And you are?" he shouts causing the guy to jump in fright.

"C-Carly, s-she paid me to wreck Charlotte's room and when she got here to attack her." I gulp at what he said and anger hits me. I'm tempted to open my mouth and speak the truth but I can't.

"Then do me a favour-" I say quite aggresively bending down next to him. "You tell Carly that if she pulls one more stunt like this I will tell everyone everything just like she said she'd do to me because I'm past caring now! I've had enough!" I storm off into the kitchen to cool off leaving Beau to deal with him.

1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10. And calm. I'm okay.

"He's gone now. He won't be coming back either." Beau enters the room sitting opposite me.

"Are you sure?"

"Positive."

"You can leave if you want. I doubt you want my company. Thank you though, it would have evidentally been a lot worse if you hadn't of answered." I half smile to show my gratitude.

"I fancy staying with you for a bit-wait, I mean, I'll stay incase that guy tries to come back." he wants to stay here, with me? Does he know something?

"Do you want to watch a film?" I suggest.

"Sure, I like horrors by the way." he grins.

"Me too! They're my favourites, help me pick one!" I tell him running into the living room.

We decided on the grudge which I absolutely hate. I go out to the kitchen and make popcorn grabbing two cans of coke.

I find a note off my parents which, if I wasn't in a good mood would probably make me want to curl up and die. Not literally don't worry. It reads:

Charlie, please don't be mad or upset, we've left enough money to last you the week but your sister needs a break so we've taken her on holidays! Hopefully see you soon! Mum&Dad xx

Two can play at that game.

I slump down next to Beau passing him the note. I notice him tense as he reads it.

"What does she have to have a break from? If it's anyone you deserve a break!" he growls looking pissed off.

"She's your girlfriend not mine."

"She's your sister." he reminds me.

"Not anymore, not after what she's putting me through."

"What do you-"

"Can we watch the film now please?" I ask.

"Yeah sure!" he replies pressing play. I put the popcorn inbetween us but I don't feel comfy.

"Wait." I pause the tv and run upstairs returning with loads of pillows and blankets. I spread the blankets out on the floor closing the curtains and laying the pillows out.

Beau gives me an impressed look and lies down patting the space next to him. I do as directed and he pulls the spare quilt over us. I grab the popcorn balancing it on his stomach and I put the cans in the small space between us.

This is more relaxing. I cringe as the film starts. I really hate this one.

I thought I'd post a little message now, hello:) thank you for giving this fanfic a go! I really appreciate it! It'd be amazing if you all voted and maybe left a few comments, it means a lot to me and would encourage to me to post my chapters sooner:)