Chapter 23 - The atmosphere drops to it's limit.

SOME OF THE EVENTS IN THIS CHAPTER MAY UPSET OR DISTURB PEOPLE. IT IS NOT IMPLYING ANY RACIST REMARKS IT'S JUST A BIG THING THAT HAPPENED IN THE PAST AND MORE RECENTLY AND I WANTED A SIMILAR SITUATION IN MY STORY AS I LIKE TO FOCUS ON REAL LIFE PROBLEMS.

"What's happened?" His face pales as he stares at me.

"I-I told everyone that the baby wasn't mine. Beau believed me. Everyone did."

"I don't care about that. What happened to your face?"

"Gee thanks dad."

"You've been beaten up! There's no nice way of putting it."

"It was Carly's friends. They did it before I told everyone so it egged me on to do it." I say sadly feeling guilty.

"Right, I'm sorry boss but this will have to wait until later-" he starts gathering his jacket and briefcase throwing paper inside it. "My daughter needs me." he finalises gently grabbing my arm and leading me out.

We're stopped by a hysterical looking woman running out of the lift waving her hands around frantically.

"You've got to run! You've got to hide!" She starts shouting and then she faints.

My mouth drops, my dad freezes on the spot and then we hear it.

A gunshot echoes throughout the massive building sending a chill down my spine and I feel sick.

"Not today." I hear my dad mumble.

Beau's P.O.V

I lie on my bed, I feel awful but I'm so angry and confused.

Fast footsteps approaching the house catch my attention, I hear my mum screaming my name.

I get up and go to the top of the stairs, my mum, Luke, Jai, Charlie's mum and Ella are stood looking as white as ghosts.

Jai nods at something my mum said quietly and goes into the living room.

"Don't jump to conclusions just yet." she says to me. I follow them all into the living room.

The news instantly comes on, breaking news. This isn't even a news channel.

I read the headlines going past and one catches my eye.

Terrorist Attack on Jenson's Incorporated, Hostages being held.

My eyes widen as I realise everyone else's worries.

That's where Charlie's dad works.

I watch her mum trying to ring her and him but it's not successful.

Eventually a bit of colours reaches her face.

"Honey? Are you okay? What's happening?" She pauses then bursts out crying.

"What's going on?" Ella asks waiting for her to react.

"The line went dead. There was a lot of screaming and shouting, I just- Charlie." her finger points to the TV. Our heads all turn in unison to see her on the screen through some kind of broadcast.

She's still covered in blood and bruises from earlier. Carly bursts into the house and stands next to her mum staring intently at the small screen.

I notice fresh cuts across Charlie's face as she looks at the camera helplessly. She's handed a piece of paper by a man in all black.

Clearing her throat she stretches her arms out to read and see the words clearer.