Chapter 17 - "I just want to talk to you."

"Charlie! Time for school." my mum whispers into my room.

"Okay, why are you whispering?" I answer sleepily.

"I don't want to wake the baby."

"Right." I remember now.

Flashback

"Now girls and dearest husband, from now on we have to be quiet in the mornings and so on, just so we don't wake the baby because I'm sure we don't want that during our morning routines." my mum explains grinning. We all nod as she tells us the new rules and who's on baby duty when.

She can leave me out of this, no way am I babysitting, it gives Carly the chance to tell everyone he's mine.

"I'll look after him tonight then we'll go from there. You may leave." she dismisses us like a teacher and I go straight back up to bed.

Flashback over

I quickly get dressed into my black lace crop top, white high waist shorts and converses. Doing my usual natural make up and I fishtail plait my hair so it falls down my one shoulder. I add a snapback placing it backwards on my head, grab my bag and head downstairs.

"I'm ready, I'm ready, I'm ready." I sing like spongebob.

"You're cheerful this morning." my dad comments placing his newspaper down on the table.

"Well I finally get to be me again dad. I can see my friends properly again. I've just missed the way things used to be before Carly's pregnancy."

"I know. You've been so brave and helpful through all of it. I can't thank you enough. I know your sister and mother won't be as thankful but they're too far up their own arses to give a damn."

"Oooh sassy." I chuckle and he laughs lightly finishing his coffee.

"Need a lift?"

"No I'm good thanks. Ella and Jai are picking me up in about 5 minutes."

"Okay then! Have a nice day. Do me proud." he grins giving me a quick hug and kiss on the forehead. I scrunch my nose in disgust playfully.

"Don't say I don't love you." he shouts in flipping me off. Before I can retaliate he's gone. I wonder what's boosted his mood.

Shortly after he leaves a car beeps outside, my lift is here. I rush out dodging my mum and sister.

"Good morning." I greet cheerfully climbing into the car.

"Morning." Ella and Jai reply happily. We head off to school.

For some reason I feel smug getting out of the car and heading to school. Saying that the hateful Carly is returning after being slightly nicer over the past few months and I get to witness everyone's reactions.

One bad thing is that my dad only had a restraining order against Tyler until I started at the school because us not being near each other is unavoidable. I'm afraid, after what he did I'm paranoid of even falling asleep so I barely sleep at night.

I spot him near the school gate so I head off with Jai and Ella in the opposite direction. Lily-arna is sat on a step near the doors to the school so we join her.

"Morning." I smile cheerfully.

"Hey guys." she greets back to us all.

We chat for about 10 minutes before the bell for first lesson. I pull out my timetable, P.E. I'm not one for sprinting all the time and so on but I like some sports. I used to play rugby when I lived back in England.