Chapter 8 - "You seem to forget I'm the loser sister."

My sister is about a month along now and she still constantly has morning sickness. She told Beau she had some injection that made her that way. It's a stupid excuse really and he believed it.

"Bitch, you're coming to a party with me!" Ella grins walking into English.

"What? Where? When?" I need to know all details before I agree to anything.

"Jai wants me to go and I agreed but I said not without you. Please come! Him and Luke both love you and want you to come."

"Okay then. When is it?"

"Friday night."

"Friday? As in tonight Friday?"

"Uh yeah." She giggles. I roll my eyes at her jokingly. I have a crazy best friend.

"Okay I'll go. Only for an hour though." I warn.

"That's fine." She jumps about excitedly.

I'll have to go and steal something to wear from Carly. The bell rings and I'm straight out of the door towards the house running as fast as possible. I need as much time as I can get.

I run straight upstairs into Carly's room. She'll be cheerleading so it's fine.

"Charlotte!? Is everything okay?" My mum shouts up the stairs after me. Damn, I forgot to ask her.

"Uh yeah. Mum? Please can I go to a party with Ella tonight?" I ask as sweetly as possible.

"Why of course you can! Stay out as late as you want. Well not too late without a text!" She smiles and turns leaving me to it.

Wow. That was unexpected.

I say no more to her and go into Carly's wardrobe. I frown at how slaggy her clothes are. I spot a marvel, long sleeved dress which I had wanted ages ago but knew I'd never wear it. I examine it, the label is still on and it has been left in there. My size too.

"I bought it for you a while back. It was just before you went into hospital last time. I thought it would be a good apology for what had happened at school, I went and got it then mum phoned saying you were back in the hospital." Carly sighs walking in, her eyes glued to the floor.

I stay quiet not really knowing what to say.

"Take it then, it's yours to keep." She urges nodding towards it. I smile weakly pulling it out. "Want me to help you get ready?" She offers.

"That'd be great. Unless of course you're going to make me look like a clown." I frown not trusting her.

"You may be my sister which I bully but I'm not going to make you look stupid and go to an extremely popular party. It'll completely degrade my status." She states looking surprised by my accusation.

"Fine." I agree. A massive grin forms on her face as she sits me on a chair by her make up table.

"Yay I get to make you look pretty. I'm going to straighten your hair, apply lots of make up and so on!" I feel another eye roll coming on as she makes more comments that lower my self esteem to the maximum.

*******

"All you've got to do now is get dressed then you're done. I'm going downstairs." She skips off looking proud of herself. After a good hour I got her to finally agree to put a not so thick amount of make up on my face.

I put the dress on, luckily I'm quite short so the dress goes a decent length. I'm not a complete girly girl so I don't make too much effort. I go into my room grabbing my converses to go with it then head down stairs to wait for Ella, Jai and Luke.