Chapter 6 - "You're supposed to say that, you're my dad."

We sit on the grass in the garden since it's dry and quite sunny today. I sit down first and he sits opposite. I feel my parents, Carly and Beau's eyes on us.

"So.." I say waiting for his speech. I hate him, I know this is a bluff but I want to piss Beau off.

"I am so sorry. I miss you and what I did to you was unforgivable."

"Yeah it was."

"I was wondering if you'd let me take you out, as an apology and if you never want to see me again after that that's cool." he smiles kindly.

"Will it be somewhere public where my dad can drop me off?" I'm not going to take any chances.

"Yeah, maybe the cinema? I know it's cliche and stuff but if you're going to be more comfortable I'd much rather that!" he admits, I've never seen this side to him before.

"Y-yeah sure, okay. When and what time?"

"Tonight? I know I'm pushing it but if you decide you don't want anything to do with me I'd rather not wait around."

"Okay, 7?"

"Yeah sounds good. I'll meet you just outside the doors."

"Alright-" I force a smile getting to my feet. I walk him to the front door. "See you in a bit." and I wave him off.

"Are you stupid!?" Carly almost yells.

"He wants to take me out and apologise, I'm not turning down a free cinema ticket and he always buys me McDonalds and a tango ice blast to watch the film with." I retaliate placing my hands on my hips. "If it makes you feel better I won't dress to impress. I don't want to get pregnant at this age." I mock spinning on my heels to get ready.

I quickly shower, dry and straighten my hair and throw on a simple black skater skirt with a white crop top. I wear vans to match and put on a natural amount of make up. I check to make sure I look presentable then go downstairs to wait.

My dad will probably leave at 6:45 and it's only 6. Great.

Carly and Beau are sat on the settee watching tv so I slump down on the opposite one next to my mum.

"Nervous?" She asks excitedly not knowing why he wants to take me out and apologise.

"Not at all." I reply calmly trying to keep myself composed.

"Good. I'm proud of you for giving him another go, he's a lovely boy." She grins skipping out towards the kitchen. I roll my eyes at her.

"Yeah, a lovely boy." I mutter with acid in my tone. Maybe he has changed? I doubt it since my last threat was only last night.

I'm only agreeing because he's the only guy paying me attention.

Time passes slowly and I feel Beau's eyes on me. I start to feel uncomfortable so wait outside not saying goodbye to anyone. I sit in my dad's car after slyly grabbing the keys.

Finally the time hits 6:45 and we're off.

"Why were you sat out here?" He asks, concern written all over his face.

"I prefer to be alone and third wheeling isn't my thing unless it's Ella because she actually involves me." I sigh as he pulls out of the driveway.

"Here we are." He smiles pulling up outside the cinema.

"Do I look okay?" I instantly feel self conscious. It was hard enough dating him before having to live up to everyone's expectations.

"You look lovely."

"You're supposed to say that, you're my dad." I laugh climbing out of the car. "See you later."

"Bye kiddo." he waves and pulls off leaving me in front of the cinema all by myself. I glance around and spot him near the doors to go in. I hesitantly walk over since he's on the phone.

When I reach him he has his back to me.

"I'm trying to make a good impression. I feel bad for how I treated her before. This could be a new start." he argues with someone down the phone. I awkwardly clear my throat. He spins around to face me and his eyes widen. "Gotta go." and he hangs up.

"Hey." I smile sweetly.

"Hi. Sorry about that I- you look beautiful." he compliments me causing a massive grin to grow on my face.

"Shall we go and choose a film?" I suggest instead of standing outside in the cold.

"Yeah sure, you can pick."

"Let's both choose one together. Mutual decision."

"Good idea."

*****

We chose Guardians of the Galaxy and it was amazing. I actually really enjoyed myself.

I've even allowed Tyler to drive me home. The car ride is mostly silent as we pull up outside my house. I get out of the car thanking him. I say goodbye then walk towards the house only to hear a car door open and close.

I spin on my heels to see Tyler walking towards me. I raise an eyebrow at him as he closes the distance.

"I didn't think the date would be a real date without this." his lips connect with mine in a gentle kiss. He pulls away grinning at me like an idiot. "So what do you say? Can I have a second chance?" he pushes and I can't help myself.

"Yes." I grin back. He lifts me off the floor in a massive hug spinning me around like in those cute romantic movies that I find extremely cheesy.

"I'll pick you up tomorrow to take you to school." he smiles placing me on the floor pecking my lips this time.

"See you tomorrow." I wave him off as he returns to his car and drives off. I walk into the house to find everyone sat in the living room "acting natural". By everyone I mean, my mum, dad, sister and Beau. "Did you remember the popcorn this time?" I ask my mum sarcastically knowing fully well they were all watching me through the window.

"Aw you two are back together! I'm so happy!" she squeals running towards me jumping about.

"Mum chill!" I say and back away rushing up the stairs so I don't have to be interrogated.

I get into my room and lie on my bed smiling like an idiot. Maybe this is a new start for us. I need to push my sister and Beau to the back of my mind.

I don't know how long that'll last.

A/N please vote and comment, I'd really appreciate it:) it makes me want to update sooner! Hope you're enjoying the story so far!