Chapter 13 - Why have I put myself in such a complicated position?

I lie awake whilst Charlie sleeps on my chest breathing softly.

What just happened was amazing.

I look down at her and notice bruising almost all over her body except her legs etc. Her stomach, chest and arms are covered. I remember seeing them that day on the beach. Surely they would've faded by now and not look so fresh?

I run my fingers along them softly. Her head shoots up and she looks panicky.

"S-sorry, you weren't supposed to see those." she stutters looking around worriedly for her clothes.

"Hey, hey, hey." I sooth pulling her back into my arms. "You don't have to explain them, I only noticed them. I didn't want answers. I saw them when you were drunk too."

"Okay. Sorry. Guys around here are judgemental or actually cause them. Thanks for not mentioning them again after that." she babbles quickly.

"Yeah, I can agree with that. And you're most welcome." I feel my blood boil at the "actually cause them" part.

She relaxes on my chest going quiet. My door flings open so I grab the blanket throwing it over Charlie's head.

"Sorry mate!" Daniel laughs standing in the doorway.

"It's okay." I laugh nervously.

"Who's she then? I know for a fact it isn't Carly." he blurts out staring at me.

"Doesn't matter. Can you leave please."

"Fine, I'll wait for you downstairs, we have football practice."

"Oh shit I forgot!" I exclaim. Daniel walks back downstairs and I hear him put on the TV in the living room.

"That was so close." Charlie says from under the blanket. I take it off her head and she quickly gets up starting to get dressed. "How can I sneak out?"

"I'll show you out the back!" I tell her. She quickly throws her clothes back on and sneaks down the stairs. I open the back door and she steps out into the garden looking puzzled. "Go into the trees, turn right and eventually you'll end up out on the street." I explain. It's quite good having a forest type thing behind my house.

"Okay, bye Beau." She smiles. I lightly grab her arm stopping her and pecking her lips before letting her leave. Once she disappears I go back inside and get changed into my football kit.

"I'm ready!" I tell Daniel walking into the living room.

"Cool." he answers shortly annoying me slightly.

Charlie's P.O.V

Once I break out of the trees I head towards Ella's house which isn't far from Beau's.

I ring the doorbell once and wait.

"Oh hello Charlie!" her mum greets letting me into the house.

"Hey Mrs Hawkins." I smile heading towards the stairs and running up to Ella's room. "I've done something bad but I don't feel bad about it!" I almost yell walking in. Jai's there too. Oh no.

"What's happened!" Ella asks looking up from what looks like homework.

"Jai Domenic Brooks keep your mouth shut about this okay?" I pause waiting. He nods. "I just slept with Beau!"

"As in sleeping or you know?" Jai smirks at Ella's question knowing my answer already.

"The, you know part." I go red again with embarrassment.

"Shut up! Oh my god yay! Now Beau can fall in love with you and we can be sisters through marriage!" she shouts jumping up and down excitedly.

"I feel bad though because of Carly." Guilt starts to hit me now. I slept with my sister's boyfriend. Oh I'm so stupid.