Meeting 22: Us

Jungkook's POV

She seems so happy today. I'm not boasting but her attitude lighten up when she saw me. I took off the rabbit thing in my head and put it on her. Why does that thing make her cute instead of funny?

"How do I look?" She ask while smiling and big eyes.

"Funny." We both laugh and stare in front. "Yuna, may I just ask who Baekhyun is for you?" Her smile widen with sincerity and sadness.

"Someone who is there for me but can't be mine." That made me quiet. The deep and meaningful answer she gave me is enough to tell me that something is going on between them. "He's supposed to be my fiancée but my grandfather don't me for him. Says I am nothing to be with a superstar like him. And... I like him but not to the point that I want to be with him for the rest of my life." That made sigh in relief. That's good to hear.

"Then who is it you want to be with?" She looked at me and chuckle. I blink a lot of times and then my heart starts beating fast as if I am expecting her answer would be me.

"No one." She then turn her gaze at the sight in front of us and continue. "I just want to be free. I want to experience life of being free, of being me, of being not controlled and of being a human, a girl. Marriage is not on my mind right now. I want to fall in love sincerely with all my heart but not now. In short, I want to cut the chain in my neck first." Her eyes shine with honesty and gentleness. I want to hug her right now because I know anytime soon, her tears will fall. "Jungkook, thank you for letting me meet you. You don't know how happy I am with you here. For a short moment, I experienced freedom." She continue. I don't know what meant by that but I leave it as it is.

___

*knock knock*

I turn to my side and ignore the knock on my door. That's Taehyung alien for sure. He's here to gossip what happened yesterday. I want to rest before going on stage, can't he leave me alone for a bit. Didn't he want to rest too?

"Stingy." I heard him say through the door. I just grin to myself then slam my pillow onto my head when suddenly I heard a really loud bang on my door. They're breaking my door and my peaceful surrounding!

"Yahh! Don't break my door! Are you crazy!" I shout.

"Yes we are! Now open it before we really break this door!" Jimin answered. Aish! I hesitantly stand up to open my door. I unwillingly opened the door and let them in. I sat the corner of my bed with eyes almost close and listen to them while they talk about useless stuffs.  "Hey, what happened?" Jimin ask again.

I slowly open my eyes and reminisce what happened that night.

"Aren't you free? Sorry but I heard a little about you. You can go outside whenever you want and even can visit the orphanage. Isn't that freedom sometimes?" She smile at the lake in front of us then tears slowly dripped from her eyes.

"No. I've been imprisoned here for years. Going outside with disguise, can you even call it freedom? You guys are artists so some limits and restrictions are put on you. I am just an heir for this family but I have lots of restrictions that I must abide. And that includes giving up on mu dream. My dream is to be a musician not with the big companies like yours. I want to be a musician for the children like those in the orphanage. I want to teach them but I couldn't and I won't. I am locked here in this place you all called mansion which is for me it's prison." I felt her pain while talking. I chased my dream to be in this position. She worked hard for her dream and her effort shows when we saw her at the airport that day but now it'll remain a dream. "You know what's my dream now? I want to be free like a bird. I want a normal life. I want to be normal. I am like an artificial intelligence they made here to do whatever they want me to do. I can't do anything when they threaten me they will demolish the orphanage. The children there and my mom can't afford to lose that place. That's our sacred haven and will be our eternal home." I couldn't say anything. I don't know what to say.