Meeting 20: Her Side

Baekhyun's POV

I usually peek at their school gate to look for her. Unfortunately, she is nowhere to be found. With my mask on, I poke a student whom I know is her classmate and ask her whereabouts. She's not going to school after our last meeting and I guess she's a having a private tutorial.

She's rich but I know she doesn't want being fed by their money. I bow at the student and thank him for his time. I look at my phone to check the time since we have a schedule for an even today. No luck again today, huh?

The first time I laid my eyes on her, I got mesmerized by her simplicity. She's beautiful and innocent but her eyes that should be sparkling that night at the party seems to carry a lot of sadness. It's dull and dead. Her smile is full of enthusiasm if you first look at her but it's empty. As if it's force. Usual problem of rich people especially the next heir/heiress, being force onto something they didn't want to inherit. Her brave nature can't hide the weakness she has now.

I want to help her however I can. I want to talk to her not because of  the money she doesn't want but because there's something about her that can attract anyone who sees her.

I smile on my own when I saw her strolling around the town. You bad girl, cutting classes.

I brought her to my favorite place and it breaks my heart when she ask for my help. It pains me to see how she struggle to live the way she live right now.

"Baekhyun?" I turn to see Yuna behind me. She looks tired and she has lots of bruises. She may tried to cover it but it some naturally shows. She doesn't wear any make up for her cheeks but today is different.

"Yo!" I greeted her. "Where might be our princess will go?" I playfully ask her.

"Wanna come? But we can't come close." Confused but I still accompany her. I still have time anyway so why not?

An old... House? What're we doing here? Maybe we're gonna play test of courage though it's daytime. I stole a glance at her. She is looking from afar, yearning to go inside the old house. I don't get what it is at first until she told me.

"That's my real home. I was taken by that old man, threatening me that he will harm my mom if I don't. I became a prison and slave for him at the same time." That explains her sadness. I stare at her as she continue to open up. "What am I in my past life? A villain that's why these are happening to me? Haha! Funny. I just want to die. I'm tired. I really am. I just want to run to my mom's arms, then she will caress my head and whisper that everything will be alright. I just want a simple life. Is that too much to ask?" Her giggles between her words are painful to bear. While talking and smiling at the same time, tears can't help but escape her eyes.

I unconsciously reach for her face and wipe her tears. I pull her for a hug. She didn't complain and just cry silently. The most painful thing is when you want to cry so loud but chose to cry in silence because too many emotions are pouring at the same time. It's as if she's restricted to show any emotion other than bravery. Something is holding her back.

I watch the lady watering the plant with sad eyes like Yuna's. These mother and daughter are so close now yet they seem so far away. Even she extend her arms to reach for her mom, it's not enough.

"I'm not a robot nor a puppet. I have life of my own. Mom..." She continue to sob and what's the sad part here? I can't do anything.

"Yuna, I will walk you home." She immediately push me away. The horror in her eyes are unexplainable. She's fearing of something, of someone and it isn't hard to guess who it is. The only thing that will pop in your mind is the reason why of her fear.