SEVEN

KIM DOYOUNG

"One of my customer hasn't pay for three months now."Ten sighs, pouring himself a drink. Loud music was blaring through the speakers as neon lights shoot out everywhere. Girls were on our table, each on our side, seducing us with their touches and kisses.

"Just take his car, easy as that."Jaehyun said, smiling at the girl beside him. "He's broke. That fucker could barely live without drugs."Ten said as the girl beside him started leaving kisses on him.

"Kill him. He won't order for more, he will save you money, problem solved."I said and Ten chuckled. "As always. No wonder why your customers are scared of you."Jaehyun said, shaking his head. "They know I hate those who doesn't pay on time."I said.

"Johnny started selling stuff he stole at the black market."Ten announced. "What would he sell? A discolored chair?"Jaehyun asked, making the girl beside him giggle. "Limited edition woodcraft, and other stuff. It was too complicated to know."Ten said, sighing.

"He's making money though, he stole them from wealthy people and wealthy people bought it from him for a high price."Ten said. "Ironic."I scoffed, bringing the glass towards my lips.

I glanced at Jaehyun and immediately sneered. "Get a room."I said and he ignored me, continuing his make out session with his girl. "You're disgusting."Ten said throwing daggers at Jaehyun. "You do that too though."I said.

"Yes I do, at hotels. Not here."He said and I rolled my eyes. "You're usually on your way to a hotel by this hour. Why are you still here?"Ten asked and I pour myself another drink. "Is it because of Soyeon?"Ten teased and I glared at him before gulping down the drink. I place the empty glass on top of the table. "How is it going on between you two?"He asked.

"No progress."

"Why not?"He asked, furrowing his eyebrows. "Don't know."I said and he laugh. "Watch how you'll date her in a while."He said with a grin. "Let her hit you up first. That way it'll be easier."He continued and I nod. The girl beside me started to leave kisses on my neck and I ignored her.

Her kisses started to trail closer towards my lips and before she could even touch my lips, my phone vibrated. I grabbed my phone and Soyeon's name popped out. I stood up and grab my jacket. "Where are you going?"Ten asked. "Soyeon."I said before leaving the room and walking towards the parking lot.

"It's unusual of you to call a man first."I said once I picked the phone up. A muffled chuckle was heard.

"I always do, just not to you."She said and I opened my car door, getting inside.

"So you did that to the others and not to me."I stated. "Yeah,"She said and I let out a sigh. "I'm gonna hang up. My feelings are hurt."I said. "Wait no!"She exclaimed.

"Don't, I need someone to talk to."She said shyly and I smile. "Lucas?"I asked. "He's busy and so is Yeri."She said. "So I'm your last option."I point out, knowing that it is true. "I— well, maybe?"She questioned herself. "Wow, I even left Ten and Jaehyun to talk with you."I said and she laugh lightly. "What do you wanna talk about?"I asked.

"Something random. I feel like if I don't talk to someone I might do something stupid."She said the last part quietly. "Like what?"I asked. "Crying."She answered. "Crying is stupid?"I asked her. "No, I just feel stupid for crying most of the time."She said, sighing. "What makes you feel like crying?"I asked out of curiosity and she let out a breath.

"My mom, she's never satisfied with my grades. She'd yell at me and hit me most of the times."She muttered. "She hit you?"I asked, my eyebrows furrowing. "Yeah, she said some words that is out of the line too. I'm used to it, though."She said with a chuckle. "But today, it feels like she really don't want to see me here."She said. "Talking to someone makes you feel better?"I asked. "Yeah."She answered and I chuckle. "Get ready then, I'll pick you up."I said. "But it's night already."She said.

"Yeah? That's the point. It'll help you feel better."I said walking towards my car. "No drinking."I added, opening the door. "No smoking either, I don't have the energy to deal with that."She said and I laugh. "Deal. I'll be there."I said hanging up the phone and turning the engine on.

"Here."I said placing chocolate milk and an ice cream in front of her. "Thanks."She muttered, grabbing the chocolate milk. We're inside a mini market since, it's basically the only place open near here. I open my own ice cream bar and started eating it. "Go whenever. I'm here to listen."I said as I saw her reflection from the glass window in front of me.

"I don't know where to start."She huffed. "Uhm, she got divorced with my dad. She took me with her and she changed ever since then."She started and I continued eating my ice cream. "She grounds me whenever I got below 80, which I also would do the same."She said stirring her chocolate milk. "It gets worse over the year. Even if I missed half a point, she'd yelled and called me names."She continued and I looked at her. "It happens so often that it doesn't hurt as much anymore. But this time, she went out of the line."She added, looking down at the hands. "She'd hit me everytime I cried, or if I did a slight mistake. I can't even remember the last time I've felt loved."She chuckled humorously and taking a few gulp of her chocolate milk.

"How long?"I asked. "A few years now. I lost count after two."She said quietly and I chuckle. "Finish up, let's go somewhere else."I said, taking the last bite of my ice cream and wait for her to finish. Once she's done, we both walked back towards my car. I turn the engine on and put on my seatbelt. "It's fine."I said. "What?"She asked. "You can cry."I said, not looking at her. "It helps a tiny bit. I'm not gonna look."I said, giving her a sincere smile before turning my face back towards the road.

It was silent for a while before I could hear her soft sobs. I kept on driving and her sobs started to become messy. I keep my eyes on the road as I drove around the town. Her sobs still filled the air and I stopped at a red light.

I glance at her, seeing that her face is red and she started to calmed down. I smile slightly and she looked at me. "You said you won't look!"She whined. I immediately looked away and cleared my throat. "I thought you were done."I said, looking out of the window. The light turned green and I stepped on the gas pedal.

"I'm not."She mumbled, sniffling. I grab a tissue and gave it to her. "Are you not gonna take it? My arm is getting tired."I said, glancing at her briefly before looking back at the road. "Thank you."She said, grabbing the tissue.

It was silence for a while before she opened her mouth. "Thanks for doing this."She said and I nod. "Don't go to school tomorrow. Your eyes will be swollen."I said, my eyes still focusing on the road.

"But—"

"I want you to have rest tomorrow, for the whole day without stressing about school."I said and she stayed silent. "Okay."She said silently and I smiled at her. "Good girl."I said, patting her head lightly, glancing at her.

"Thank you, Doyoung."She said. "Tell me everything from now on. I don't want you to suffer alone."I said.