ELEVEN

YOO SOYEON

The room was silent. I could feel his gaze on me as he watched me scooping the rice from the bowl. "Were you always this messy when eating?"He asked, the opened bag of chip was on his hand as he looked at me. "No."I said and he rolled his eyes. He placed the bag of chip on the bed and stood up, walking towards the chair near my bed before sitting back down.

"Give me the spoon."He said and I gave the spoon on my left hand towards him. "You could've told me that you can't eat with your left hand."He said, scooping up the rice and grabbing the meat, placing it on top. "Open,"He said, putting the spoon in front of my mouth. I slowly open my mouth, closing it and he took the spoon away slowly. "Did no one fed you yesterday or this morning?"He asked, glancing at me. I swallow my food before answering him.

"Ten and Lucas—"

"But why didn't you asked me to feed you? While I was right in front?"He asked, scooping another one and placing it in front of my mouth. I chew on it slowly and he grabbed a tissue, wiping a few grains of rice that I dropped on the table. "I didn't want to burden you."I said and he lets out a breath. "Hurry and finish up."He said, taking another spoonful.

My dinner was soon finished and he placed the tray away. "I need to use the bathroom."I said. "Why? Is everything okay? Did the food went bad?"He asked and I shook my head. "I want to brush my teeth."I said and he helped me out of the bed. He roll the IV pole and leads me towards the bathroom. He took my toothbrush and place some toothpaste on it, running it under the water briefly before giving it to me. "Thank you."I said before brushing my teeth. He stands on the doorway with his arms crossed and he looked around.

It didn't take me long to rinse both of my mouth and toothbrush. I finish up in the bathroom and he guide me back towards the bed. "What do you want to do now?"He asked. "I'm just gonna study for a while."I said and he nod, giving me the book I was studying earlier.

"It's almost midnight, finish up."He said and I nod, placing my pencil inside and closing the book. I placed it on the table beside me and let out a yawn. "Why did you let him drive fast in the snow?"Doyoung asked from his bed, not looking up from his phone. "He said that it will be okay, he's an experience driver."I said and he scoffed. "But you still yell at me when I speed up just a bit over the speed limit."He said, looking up from his phone and I smile slightly.

"How was Jaehyun? Is he awake now?"I asked, looking at him full of hope. "He's fine, he woke up a few hours ago. Taeyong texted me."He said and I let out a breath. "Are you worried about him?"He asked, looking at me and I nod. "Of course! He kind of save my life."I said, letting out a huff. Doyoung's face turned to his usual, blank face and he looked away.

"Go to sleep. I'll take you to Jaehyun's tomorrow morning."He said, shutting his phone off. "Don't you have school?"I asked. He shook his head before answering, "I'm skipping school tomorrow."

"Ya—"

"Go sleep. I'll be out for a smoke."He said, leaving the room without glancing back at me. I huffed and grabbed my phone. I quickly check through my notifications and turn the phone off, placing it on top of my book. I carefully wrap myself around the blanket and close my eyes, slowly dozing off.

KIM DOYOUNG

The smoke left my mouth and I took another drag before putting out the stick. I walked back inside the hospital and walk towards the elevator. I press the floor where Jaehyun's room was located and it took a few moments for the elevator door to open. I walked inside and the door closes as it starts to lift up. I walked out and walk towards his room at the end of the hall.

I knock a few times on the door before opening it. Machine was attached to him as cast were on some parts of his body. Some cuts were on his face as well.

"It's been a while since I saw you with machine on a hospital."I said. "I know. Wasn't it because of that one time your customer went crazy?"Jaehyun said and I chuckle. "Where's Taeyong?"I asked, looking around. "He just went to the bathroom. Ten's staying here starting from tomorrow."He said and I nod, looking around the much bigger room before sitting down on the bed.

"How's your body?"I asked. "Can barely feel anything, but it was okay."He said. "Is Soyeon doing fine? Was she hurt?"He asked and I nod. "Dislocated her shoulder. She's fine though, went back to studying right away."I scoffed and he chuckled. "Don't make her study. She needs rest at least."He said. The bathroom door opened and Taeyong walked out. "It's been awhile, Doyoung-ah."Taeyong said and I nod. "Don't do any drag race for the time being. You'll end up like him."I said and he laugh.

"I won't. I never race during the snow."Taeyong said. "Listen to the professional in the room."I said to Jaehyun and he only flipped me off. "I need to get going. Are you staying the night with Jaehyun?"Taeyong asked, grabbing his bag. "No,"I said and he shrug. "He should be fine alone. Right Jaehyun-ah?"Taeyong asked and he nod. "Alright, I'll get going now."Taeyong said, preparing to leave. "Thank you, hyung."Jaehyun said and he wave him off.

"Yah! Why aren't you staying here?"Jaehyun asked once the door was closed. "I'm staying with Soyeon."I said and he widen his eyes. "Poor Soyeon, she must've been scared shitless."He muttered, shaking his head. "What did you say?"I asked, grabbing a pillow from the couch to throw at him and he laugh. "You're lucky you're in a hospital right now."I scoffed, throwing the pillow back to its place and he grinned.

"How long are you gonna stay here?"I asked. "Taeyong said I'll stay here around 6 weeks, I think. I forgot."He said and I stood up. "Oh well good luck. I'm going now."I said walking towards the door. "Yah! Where are you going?"He asked. "Sleeping."I said, closing the door behind me.