one| honey hazel eyes

honey hazel eyes -

honey hazel eyes
-

from the moment george's football rammed into will's head, he knew that george was like no other boy. maybe it was the glint of green that foreshadowed his hazel, honey like eyes. maybe even his dirty blonde hair, that leaned more towards brown. yet, not dark like will's. then again, it also might've been the absolute size of george. he wasn't even up to will's nose, yet he was one of the grade 6 or 7 boys. will was almost positive george was the smallest person in the whole school.

"fucking 'ell, man. that kid almost killed ya!" stephan yelled, a laugh following up the obvious statement.

"uh-" george huffed. "im so sorry, mate. didn't think it would hit you, you alright?" george examined will's head, or tried to at least. he was on the verge of tip toeing but will spoke up. "ye, i'm fine."

"are you sure? seems a bit wanky-"

"i'm sure." will was stubborn, and he wanted to look cool.

"oi! hurry the 'ell up, georgie!" one of george's friends, joshy, yelled.

"gotta get back-" george took grabbed his football once more. "and, again, sorry for that."

"yeah." will nodded, watching the small boy running back to his friends. will just stood there, feeling around his temple for a forming bump. he flinched when he accidentally applied a bit of pressure, stephan coming up next to him.

"want me to take you down to the office for some ice?"

"nah." george, that was his name. "i'm okay."

a small part of 13 year old will hoped that it wouldn't be the last time he'd get to talk to george. after that lunch break, will noticed george everywhere. he'd see him in the halls and sometimes even bump into him in the restroom. usually will would smile at george and george would wave back. sometimes they would get bold and break out a small "hey", but nothing more. eventually they did talk, a simple game of football during lunch kicking off their friendship. george was impressed with will's moves and such, asking him if he played outside of school- to which will responded no.

"what grade are you in?" will asked the following day as they finished up getting drinks from the fountain.

"grade 6, you?"

"grade 8."

"oh."

"you're really short." will let out, looking down at george- who rolled his eyes.

"oh fuck off, will."

"what're you doing after school?" every other day, when stephan wasn't busy really, they would walk up to secondary school that was just up the hill from their school.

"church, at 7 with my parents." george frowned. "it's so fucking grim."

"well, why don't you come with stephan and me to play football."

george shrugged, they began to walk up the stairs to the field. "i'll have to ask my mum when she comes and picks me up."

"okay." will smiled.

-

george's mom was nice, too nice. she had approved of george going out with stephan and will. stephan's brother picked him up minutes before george's mom arrived. she was set on taking will home. the ride there was silent, will feeling a bit uncomfortable- that was until george's mom finally spoke up.

"what's your name, darling?" her voice was a lot similar to george's voice.

"will lenney, ma'am."

"and do you go to church will?"

"me mum and dad took me once, not too long ago." that was followed by a disapproving hum, it had came from george's mom.

"we go twice a week, don't we george?"

"yeah."

"would you like to come? i'm sure you'd love it." she offered. truth was, will's parents were far from religious and so was he. church bored him to death, but the way george quickly turned to look at him. he silently begged that will would say yes. he hated going and he was convinced will would make it a lot more fun.

"i'd have to ask me mum, ma'am." will finally answered. "i'm sure she'll say yes, just need to change." both boys were sweaty and covered in grass stains.

"have her ring me if she has any questions. we can pick you up and drop you off." which she then added, "george write down the house phone."

when will got in the house, he quickly raced upstairs, darcey following him up just as fast. well, as fast as she could go- she was a big girl. "will- bloody hell, slow down!"

will ignored his father as he rushed into his messy room and looked around for a towel. he then began to hurriedly look for clothes, darcey still dancing behind him.

what should i wear!?

"you're in a rush, aren't ya?"

"can i go to church?"

will's mom laughed, placing a hand on her hip. "church?"

"yes, with george and his parents." will came across a white button up, inspecting it quickly for any stains.

"you're serious?"

will dropped the shirt and turned around. "mum." he groaned.

"fine, are they picking you up?"

will quickly searched his pockets for the number george had written down. "call this, please."

his mom took the piece of paper, shaking her head at her son. "let me iron out that shirt, aye?"

"thanks, mum!"

"ye, get outta here."

-

if this is trash, pls tell me 😂