twelve| it could be good

it could be good

it could be good

-

in an odd way, george was perfect with kids. he was terrible with older people but was fantastic was anyone younger than 10. to be quite fair, george enjoyed being around small children. to him, kids were pure in a way no other human could be. they were curious and innocent, without having to care about anything. they loved the world around them regardless of how different it was.

if only adults had the same mindset.

when george was returned home, he made it his first priority to get away from his parents. with no money, or sense of direction, he found himself back in a depressive state. it only seemed to get harder after everything he had been through. he just wanted to leave but he couldn't find the strength to get up. one day, oliver came across a job offering. one that he knew george would be best at. that after noon, he raced home to give george the number of the lady that had offered him the job.

george became a babysitter. only sticking with that job until he met a nice family from the east. the coopers. they were a nice couple with busy jobs and twin boys, who were soon starting school. by then, george was getting ready to move in with alex. he had collected enough from all his babysitting jobs. from the moment he met the coopers, he knew his life would get a whole lot easier.

a week after meeting the couple, george met the two, bubbly boys. jace and jackson cooper. they had the palest blonde hair that george had ever seen, and were identical. every spec and freckle on their skin was placed in the same exact place. george found it fascinating. the only way to tell the two apart were their eyes. somehow, they had came out with different colored eyes. jace had livid, green eyes and jackson had deep, blue eyes. no one knew how that happened.

every morning, dr. cooper, would drop off her sons. leaving george pre-cooked meals for the young boys. if the twins were too tired, he'd let them sleep for a while. he would take them to school an hour later and then he'd catch a bus to uni. he'd come home hours earlier than them, clean up and then he'd pick them up again. his schedule was simple.

he was paid good money for the job, and extra if he babysat weekends. weekends were unusual, but since dr. cooper was on call some days, george became very helpful.

"alex!" the 5 year olds cried as they ran past george. the blonde mother smiled, handing george the boy's food.

"sorry, loves." she said to the two older boys. "they've been mad since last night. don't know where they get so much energy."

"s'okay." george smiled, tiredly.

"do you 'ave class today?"