twenty| us

us

us

-

"p-please, help me."

gasping for air and sweat dripping from his hair, will's eyes popped open in panic.

they met sophie's white ceiling, something he had seen about a thousand times. the air smelled of fruit and per usual, her sheets smelled of some expensive perfume. one that will's body hated passionately. yet, it was semi comforting because it was familiar.

he forced himself to stomach it as he laid on the bed lifeless.

sophie was always there when he fell asleep but was never there when he awoke. she couldn't have gone far, will knew that, but he felt a little betrayed whenever he couldn't feel her around. maybe it was the pessimistic side of him, but he needed someone and something to hold onto.

she was gone in the morning, just like george.

it took him another hour to get up but when he did, he found it a little difficult to walk. yet, he managed to stumble out into the hallway.

the apartment was pitch dark, deprived of all noise and life. he felt trapped as he stood still, he needed to move. instead of heading into the darkness, will pushed himself toward the balcony. he could see the dark sky that unfolded before the city.

the door that lead out was barely open, a small slit letting in cool air. he could hear gentle orchestra music playing outside, followed by a soft hum.

"s-sophie?" will used most of his strength to pull the door open.

like paint exploding on a canvas, goosebumps rose all over his skin as he stepped out. the coldness welcoming him with open arms.

"hi." behind a big canvas sat the girl. the table beside her was covered with tubes of paint and other art materials.

she sat in an oversized white t-shirt. holes and paint stains infesting the tee. her hair was pulled back into a neat ponytail and her eyes were softer than usual. they were filled with pity and something else that made will sick.

"what time is it?" he could barely hear himself.

"5." sophie set her brush down, walking up to him.

there wasn't much of a height difference between the two. "o-oh." just above the horizon, the sun was beginning to rise. will hated the sight.

the smallest peak, it still had no affect on the darkness. "are you feeling any better?"

will shrugged mindlessly, walking towards the edge. resting his arms on the stone wall, he let his head fall. "i don't know."