nine| sticky

sticky-

sticky
-

"i'm going to the balcony to read for a bit." said alex as he walked past george. the older boy looked up, nodding mindlessly.

james had spent the night, they were filming two new episodes for their podcast because james would be too busy the next two weeks. they were slacking a bit, so alex kept urging james to take a day off to work on their channel.

the 21 year old male decided to take a whole weekend off.

"alex reads?" snickered james.

"he's weird like that."

"it's your book." alex defended himself, shutting the balcony door. it was george's book, he had stole it from one of the school libraries many years ago.

"you read."

"i have a bunch'a books lying around." george admitted. "didn't remember."

"how are your courses going?"

james marriott had introduced george and alex a year or so back. james went to school with george and had gone to secondary school with alex. james met george through a boy named richard, who neither of them spoke to anymore. they instantly became friends. soon after, george was ready to leave his parents house. but since his babysitting job didn't pay enough, he would need a roommate. since james had a girlfriend at the time, they couldn't move in together. it was then alex came into the picture. a freshly broken hearted boy, struggling with youtube and everything else in his life. alex needed george just as much.

"okay, they're gettin' easier."

"lucky, these damn essays are kicking my ass."

"have you talked to fraser?" george asked. fraser was suppose to be moving in with james that month.

"yeah, he ordered a bed the other night." james smiled. "should be here the day after he moves in.

george nodded mellowly. they sat in the couch for another hour. talking about absolute nonsense. james went on about how his latest video had gotten claimed and george laughed, because he didn't quite get it.

alex walked in and out a couple times, twice to pee and three times to get more ice cream. he got a bit brave on his third bowl and tried strawberry ice cream. he hated it.

around 7,  james ordered food for the three boys. when he went down stairs to pick it up, alex came into the flat again.

"hey, found this in your book." alex said, he waved a sticky note about.

at first, george didn't think too much of it. "it's a bookmark?"

"uh," alex read over it quickly. "it's a phone number, who's will lenney?"

george's head went blank as he made eye contact with alex. "w-who?"

"will, some lad named will."

george stared blankly at his friend. he didn't believe it. he felt his body guard up, as if it was afraid of something. but it was just will.

"george?" alex called out again.

"let me see it." was all he said.

alex handed the small piece of paper to george. george held onto it loosely, it felt like air on his finger tips. why did alex have to find it?

"thank you."

alex wearily stared at george. "uh, are you ok-"

"let's eat, boys!" james nearly knocked their door down.

george stood up, hesitantly shoving the sticky note in his hoodie pocket. alex watched george, too many questions on his mind. regardless, he let him walk away. if he didn't want to tell alex, that was fine- maybe he'd tell him another day.

-

in the center of his bed, he sat and stared at the small paper. watching it carefully, almost as if it would get up and leave.

george didn't know what to do with himself.

he wanted to call, so badly. but what would he say? how would he even begin to explain all of the terrible things? how would will react?

did will even care?

george stared at it a little longer. feeling torn. he missed will, that was certain. he needed will's homey feeling. but along with will, would come memories that were best left untouched.

i'm doing so good. i don't need will messing that up. i have control now. he kept telling himself. but will could help, just like alex.

"m'gonna call." george started off strongly. "no i'm not." he concluded weakly.

he wanted to scream into his pillow, this was such a mess. with enough rum, he'd have enough courage. "alex!"

"yeah!"

"bring me the bottle of rum, i have something to do." it wouldn't hurt to hear will's voice again.

george laughed, startling himself a bit. "fucks sake." he snickered. "this probably isn't 'is number."

why hadn't he thought of that? for all he knew, will had a different number now.

"if it's about the phone number, you should call." alex dropped the half empty bottle on george's bed.

george said nothing.

he was left alone for the remainder of the night. he could hear alex and james laughing in the living room. their laughs and giggles calmed his nerves. so did the sips of the drink. it didn't take long before george had enough to encourage him. he would remember everything clearly, every single detail, the next day. he wasn't pissed. he was brave.

slowly, george began dialing the number. only to erase it and re do it all again. he'd type it out and delete it, then would shut his phone off. he did that at least ten times, each time getting worse and worse. his braveness draining by the number.

he soon realized he couldn't. he physically couldn't call the number. standing up, disappointedly, he walked over to his desk. paper still in hand, he ripped a piece of tape off the roll. he stuck it onto the paper and pressed that on his closet door.

some other day, but not today.

-
sorry for any spelling errors

you guys get to meet Sophie next chapter and I'm so excited! She's literally such a fun character to write about and I'm just so hyped about writing female main characters.

I often don't cause then I feel like their like me and that just doesn't sit right w me. So, I've based her off of Rachel Greene from Friends. 😂

Also, because they are HIGHLY underrated, if you like willxgeorge go check out atinybitsad , they have an amazing book out.

right okay, ily bye 🥰