two| in god we trust

in god we trust -

in god we trust
-

will and george laid on will's bed one afternoon, reading comics that george was not allowed to read. however, those controlling rules did not apply in the lenney household and george was free to read whatever he wanted. including all of will's wonder women collection.

"what time is your mum picking you up?" will asked, finally dropping the comic on his bed.

"after dinner, probably." george mumbled. "i wish i could stay here, though."

will frowned as george did. from the moment will first ate a meal with george and his family, he knew how strict they were about everything. no elbows on the table, no opening eyes or speaking during grace, and no speaking out of turn. it came to a surprise when george was allowed at his house. will just assumed george's parents liked him and his family- or so he hoped. george had mentioned that his parents rarely let him go out, whether it was to his mates house or the park. besides george, they had another son- who was much quieter. he hardly spoke and was rather calm. his name was oliver.

"do you wanna take one?" will then said, handing a book to george. "you can read it at night, when everyone is sleeping."

george's eyes went huge and he nodded happily. "thank you!"

"just don't get in trouble, you nonce."

"nonce?"

-

will lost all vision as the the flash appeared from all around him and stephan. they both held up rolled up pieces of papers and fake, huge smiles. there was complete chaos all around the school gym, all grade 8 kids running around in blue gowns. next year, will would be starting secondary school. he was extremely nervous, but stephan being there made him feel a lot better. he was a bit upset about having to leave george but that didn't mean they wouldn't hang out. he and george could still hang out after school or at his house. he would still go to church with him, and sometimes attend one of his boring bible studies. it wouldn't change anything, everything would be the same. at least, they promised each other it would.

and the following summer did just that, him and george hung out nearly everyday, sometimes during bible study and sometimes at the park with stephan and his older brother. george's parents also took them out on a sunday after their service. they were taken to one of the public pools but it wasn't as much fun as the boys hoped it would be. nevertheless, they enjoyed it and ended up falling asleep in the car.

on the hottest day of the year, will and george were inside rehearsing bible verses- mostly for george to remember. the tutor had left a minute ago to the bathroom, leaving both boys alone.

"this is grim, don't you ever get bored?" will grumbled, breaking his eyes away from george's blue bible.

"all the time." he mumbled.

"me mum said she could pick us up early, let's go." will pleaded.

"i can't, mate. mari would rat me out."

will let out a groan, rolling his eyes. he didn't want to spend a day like this rotting away inside a boring room. they could be slipping down will's water slide, or eating ice cream at his house. however, that didn't seem to be the plan for the next hour.

"wish we could just spend more time together." he grumbled, he felt like a child.

"yeah." george frowned. "it would be fun if i could stay over."

will shot his head up, george giggling at how much he looked like darcey when you offered her a biscuit. "do you think you can?"

"are you mad!?" george cried.

"i'm being serious, man. i can ask me mum and have her call yours!" will urged on.

"i don't even have clothes."

"we can drive you to get some- or you can have some of my old ones."

george wanted so badly to say yes but he didn't want to get lectured. he had asked once before and his parents had an ear full to say. maybe, this time would be different. he was much older now and his parents liked will. they liked him enough to let george over, at least. that might've been because they thought will was a bit religious. george had told them that his parents were far too busy to go to church but the did go at least once a month. of course that was a lie, and will's mom went with it. secretly, will's parents liked george but not his parents. to them, they were too strict and controlling- but of course they couldn't say that. george was their child after all, will's mom knew she wouldn't appreciate anyone telling her how to raise her boy.

"shall we continue?" mari was back, ready to begin again.

"yes, ma'am."

-

"mum!" will nearly shoved george into the backseat of the car. "can you ring up george's mum and ask if he could stay?"

will's mom looked at the boys through the mirror, smiling. "sure, you want me to georgie?"

"yes, ma'am."

on the ride there, the boys bickered over which flavor of ice cream was better. will saying strawberry and george saying chocolate. as soon as will's mom pulled into the driveway, will and george zoomed out the car and into the house. darcey was awaken by them, waddling quickly behind them. they ran upstairs to will's half tidy room and quickly hopped on to his bed. "mum will probably call soon."

"hope she says yeah." george smiled.

-

I've never wrote British accents so if it doesn't sound like them...it's because I'm not good with accents :(

also oop sorry for any spelling errors 🥵