Book Five Chapter Twenty

The day passes quickly, Alena and Jackson busy with the girls, I sit outside watching and making sure Max isn't around. 

The night is quickly falling, sitting inside with a coffee, I hear the door handle, move, looking at Jackson I get up, pointing for him to stay sitting. 

Walking to the door, I unlock it, opening it, I see a figure running off, chasing after him as I do, I realise he is too far ahead for me to catch him, his figure disappearing into the trees. 

Reaching the edge, I see the car driving off. Walking back Jackson is standing at the door, looking at me waiting.

"He ran too far before I could reach him, no doubt he heard us moving and ran before I even got to the door" What would he gain from coming here? Nothing, to be honest.

"You should have shot him, I would have" Jackson looks at me disapproving, I could easily have got him, but I am not stupid and know exactly how Alena would react.

"He needs to suffer, more than a shot, he needs a lot more than that to learn his lesson" Jackson nods and we walk back in, sending him to bed I stay up watching just in case, I doubt he will come back tonight, but it is Max there is a chance he will. 

Georgina and Liam getting in with the girls, Helen follows them closely behind.

"I will make coffee's then we can catch up on what happened last night" Georgina and Liam looking at us both confused, getting the girls settled, Liam and Georgina sit in the living room with me, Helen sat waiting as well, Jackson walks through handing me my coffee.

"Max was here last night, Marcus chased him off" The sound of Alena walking downstairs making me look up, her eyes looking at us all confused as she walks into the living room all of us looking up to her.

"What now?" She looks at Jackson waiting.

"Max showed up last night, Marcus chased him down to the road where he got in a car, unfortunately Marcus wouldn't just shoot him, so he got away" 

Jackson explains, shaking my head I knew he would say it and I hope Alena understands why I didn't shoot him.

"He can't shoot him, then he will be in shit. No doubt he knows that if he shoots him it will also piss me off, that would be giving him the easy way out" I feel like smirking for being right, I knew Alena would disagree completely.

"I would" Jackson says it bluntly, he would, and he would also be locked up for it. Liam also says it, yet we all know Liam would shoot himself before he figured out how to aim.

"Neither of you two are allowed to hold a gun, ever until he is locked up safely away from you" Alena argues back, I am glad she agrees with me

"Why are you bothered about him being safe Alena?" Liam asks, looking confused.

"Not him you idiot, you two. You shoot him, then you get locked up, just behave," 

They nod seemingly seeing sense, or at least I hope they are. The day passing quickly, Jackson and Alena spending the day sat with the girls, I sit outside, enjoying the warm weather.

"Go home to Maria, we are fine here and Alexander is coming later" Nodding to Jacksons statement I get up, getting in the car I drive home, excited to see Maria, I have missed her and it has not even been that long. 

Getting home the lights are out, it is only eight thirty, she can't be asleep, the door is locked, unlocking it, I walk in, smiling walking around the house she is nowhere. Where would she be this late?