Prologue

I'm Caley, 16 years old and a musician. Well, sort of. I write my own songs, I sing okay and I can play a guitar so I think I'm quite talented. I don't have many friends. I like keeping to myself and I'm not very outgoing. I'm an only child, which makes me kind of selfish and a little lonely. My parents spoil me and seeing that I don't have many close friends, I don't really leave our house much. The only time I leave home is for school and music lessons. Even at school I don't have much time for friends because during lunch I attend the drama club meetings and often the band meetings.

My summer norm is usually going away with my parents, but this year it's different. My parents are still going away, but they don't think it is a good idea that I should go with them. One of my estranged uncles passed away and left something for my dad. They have to attend a lot of meetings with their lawyers and other family members, so they didn't think it would be suitable to take me with seeing that they aren't exactly going away for pleasure. Hence, they decided to enroll me in some summer camp for people like me interested in music. Almost similar to Camp Rock. At first I didn't want to go because then I'd have to meet new people and interact with strangers. My mom finally persuaded me with all the pamphlets and good reviews of the camp.

Hopefully this summer will go better than I expected and I'll find a way to go through it without anyone I know.