Chapter 1

After a 2hour drive, we finally reached our camp site. "Camp Bliss" was the name I saw as we reached the place. How unique, I wonder how many talented minds came up with that. Note the sarcasm, because I see not many people tend to understand it.

"Now remember hun, just enjoy yourself and try your best to stay away from your cellphone and blend in. You can call us anytime," my mom said before hugging me and getting back into the car.

"Remember, if anything happens you can just call and we'll be here to get you," dad says. He's always been very overprotective.

"Relax daddy. I'll be fine. Just go and enjoy yourselves. I'm grown I don't need you to drop everything for me all the time," and I actually meant that literally. My dad would literally drop anything, even work for something small that has to do with me. And that isn't a good thing.

After they finally left, I got my bags and headed to where I saw everyone gathered together. On my way there some random guy offered to help me, but I said no. I don't trust anyone with my things. There was a guy giving speeches and rules and I just stood there awkwardly trying to listen as most of the people around me seemed to talk amongst each other as though they knew each other, which they probably did.

When the man was finally done talking we were each called out and given a key attached to either a red, blue, green or yellow wristband. We were told that the color we got resembled the color of the cabin we would be sleeping in. There are 32 campers in total, so 8 people will be sharing a cabin. There are 16 girls and 16 boys.

I got a red rubber band. As I entered the room I took the top bunk of the first to beds I saw, as I was about to reach it I got pushed out of the way very roughly.

"This is my bed," a tall ginger said. She looked like a model, but had a menacing look on her face. Her look sort of scared me, so I proceeded to reach for the bottom bunk, but she shoved me away again.

"This is hers. She's my associate so she has to sleep here. These are our beds," Ginger said yet again. I'm not usually one to speak out, but this time I couldn't keep quiet.

"These beds weren't specifically assigned to anyone, so I'm free to choose whichever bed I want," I said with some newfound courage.

"Little girl, the key that you were given has a number on it. The number symbolizes your locker and the bed you will be sleeping on. Now get out of my way. I don't have whole day to talk to you. I already had to snatch someone's key who thought I'd be separated from Shyla over here," she says pointing to her "associate".

"Mia, you can see that she's new here. Cut her some slack. She doesn't know how things work," she said to the girl, who I now know as Mia. "Sorry about that. She's so used to controlling things around here. I'm Amy, by the way," she says stretching her hand out to me as we walk away from Mia. "Let me see the number on your key," so I showed her. "Great, it just so happens the bunk below mine. Let's pack our things away so we can be ready in time for tonight's activities."

I got to know Amy as we sorted out our things and packed out clothes into our lockers. Amy is really nice. At least I made a friend, but then again I also made an enemy.