Chapter 10

"Before you guys hear it anywhere else, I'm singing with Mia at the talent show," Jamie says quickly and then takes a huge sip of his juice. Probably knowing that one of is going to jump down his throat. This causes both Amy and I to look up quickly causing Amy to choke.

"You're doing what?" Amy says after she gains her composure.

"I said I'm singing with Mia," he says rolling his eyes.

"That's good I guess. If that's what you really want then you should really go for it," I say not looking at him, but pushing my dinner around with a fork and frowning slightly.

"You don't sound really ecstatic. If you don't want me to I could always decline her offer," he says taking my hand that was playing with my food.

"No! There I said it. I won't let her hurt you and use you again," Amy says.

"This isn't up to you. I didn't ask your opinion anyway. I was talking to Caley knowing how she has a bad history with Mia. I'll do what I want," Jamie says.

"If this is really what you want, then go for it. We'll be your biggest groupies," I say trying to sound as if I mean it.

"At least one person is supportive and that one person isn't even related to me unlike some people," Jamie says hinting at Amy.

"It's just my opinion, but fine do whatever you want. I won't be there to catch you when you fall hopelessly in love with her again and she breaks your heart," Amy says stabbing Jamie with her fork.

"What do you mean by that?" I ask curiously.

"Jamie had this huge crush on Mia, so he was around her all the time. Then Logan came along and wooed her right out of Jamie's arms, so Mia started having an attitude and ignored Jamie. He almost didn't want to return here," Amy says. It sounds a bit dramatic, but I guess you can't always help how you feel and react to things. I remember the first time I got heartbroken. I wouldn't go to school for a week because my then best friend started dating my crush even though she knew I liked him, hence she's now my ex best friend.

"Maybe it isn't such a good idea to be this close to someone you had feelings for, but if you think you're strong enough then it's all up to you," I say knowing how much my heart still stings a bit thinking about my crush and my ex best backstabber.

"I'll be fine. We'll just rehearse together and then sing together. Then we'll be done. I won't even talk to her again after that," he says, but it sounds as if he's trying to convince himself.

"Because camp ends after that, so she'll have plenty of time to break your heart before then," Amy adds and I can't help but to agree with her, to Jamie's dismay.

___

Mia's POV

"What is wrong with you? Are you deliberately trying to piss me off?" Logan says after pulling me aside to a remote area after dinner.

"What are you on about Logie?" I say using the nickname I gave him when we still had our 'fling' as he called it.

"Don't test me. What are you doing with Jamie? Didn't I tell you to stay away from him?" he asks angrily.

"What I do with Jamie has nothing to do with you. I thought you made the terms our summer fling very clear to me," I say trying to pull my arm from his.

"I never said we were done though," he says incredulously.

"You didn't have to seeing that we were never even a thing," I say. "Now if you'll excuse me I'm going to leave. Jamie wants to see me," I lie knowing it might piss him off.

When I leave I hear him banging something against the wall. Good. My plan is working.

I know he doesn't like me and that I was just some game to him and he just used me for pleasure. I fully realize that now, but that doesn't mean I'm over him. I mean the guy did break my virginity. So please just leave me to toy with him like this. It's pleasing to me even though I'm not really gaining much from it.