Chapter 12

"You look extremely happy. Happier than I've ever seen you since I met you," I tell Jamie.

"I'm just in a good mood," he says smiling and then holds my hand. "I was thinking maybe we should get some snacks and then meet Amy and the other in the gaming room then we could play ping pong, pool or something you'd like."

"Sounds good. I've never been there since my arrival at camp," I tell him

"Just beware. It's always a bit crowded there," he tells me.

"At least you're here to save me from being trampled," I tell him and he just smiles.

"Mia, fancy running into you here," Jamie says when we enter the gaming room, smiling wider than I thought possible.

"Funny, I told you I'd be here. Remember?" she says and laughs. This was the first time I ever heard her laugh. "Caley, didn't see you there," she says and then glares when she sees my hand in Jamie's. As if he noticed it, he quickly lets go of it. And rubs the back of his head with that hand.

"I think I'll just leave you two and find Amy," I say quickly dispersing from them. After a while of searching for Amy I gave up. I decided to go outside and sit on one of the benches. Just then a familiar figure approaches me.

"Hey," Logan says as he sits down next to me.

"Hi, even though this is our 100th meeting for the day," I say and he chuckles.

"I know. I see you changed into something else. You look good in a dress," he says smiling.

"Thanks," I say and then I see him pull out the most unattractive thing. A cancer stick. "You smoke?" I ask as if it's something I've never seen in my life.

"I can put it away or sit somewhere else if it bothers you, even though I got here before you," he suggests.

"No, it's fine. Just don't sit to close to me and blow the smoke far away from me," I tell him. I don't really like it, but I can't judge him for why he is doing it.

"Are you sure you don't just want me to sit somewhere else?" he asks chuckling, but I just shake my head no.

"Why do you smoke?" I ask him.

"Stress. Lots and lots of stress," he says.

"I would ask, but I don't want to intrude," I tell him.

"I would tell you anything you'd like to know. Just ask. Nothing is too personal," he tells me.

"Yet, there might be a line I cross and then you'll probably be mad at me," I tell him.

"Doesn't matter. Nothing can been said or done to me that will piss me more than what life has already put through," he says shrugging. "I really like talking to you. I don't know why, but you're different. I know I'm a jerk sometimes, but I don't do it to be mean. I just don't know how else to interact. Camp has always been my escape, but now I need a new escape. That's why I'm smoking now," he tells me. I want him to delve deeper but I won't pressure him. "How about we get some snacks and just chill in the music room and maybe just talk and jam for fun? You don't have to, but from what I can tell you don't really feel like sitting out here either."

"Sounds like a great idea," I say and then I follow him to the canteen and then head to the music room next.

___

The afternoon consisted of us talking and just jamming a bit.

"This is honestly so relaxing," I say lying on the sofa with my head on Logan's lap. In case you're wondering how we came to this: Logan thought my hair looks soft and wanted to play with it. He then asked me to put my head on his lap. "If you don't stop soon, I'll probably doze off to lala land," I tell him.

"As long as I'm the reason for your peace, I don't really mind. I'll still be here when you wake up, so just relax and close your eyes," he says smiling down at me.

"As much as I don't trust this, I can't even argue with you now. I'll just rest my eyes for a little while, so don't look at me while I sleep," I say and slowly drift off. I hear him chuckle a bit.

"I really like you, Caley. I wish I could tell you this when you're awake, but I don't want you to get hurt. Not you too," I hear him say before I doze off.

I really like you too, Logan. But what did you mean by the last part?