Chapter 11

"So am I still seeing you after lunch today?" Jamie asks. "I promise I won't clash with your rehearsal time again." Jamie says jokingly.

"Yes, you can see me that time," I giggle when Jamie picks me up and swings me around before he puts me down outside the music room. Today he decided to bring me here because it is quite far from our last class.

"You're late," Logan says not even bothering to look at me as he stands at the window glaring daggers into Jamie's head.

"I'm not. We still have 5 minutes left before we actually scheduled rehearsal," he tells me.

"Usually you're here 30 minutes early so we have more time to rehearse. Today you're too busy flirting with Jamie and being touchy to notice," he grumbles.

"You could also go out and have some fun once in a while. It wouldn't kill you. You're always singing or sleeping. I never even see you with your friends, so why can't I spend time with mine? It didn't even affect rehearsals. Is something else bothering you?" I ask sounding a bit concerned.

"I don't know. I'm just a bit confused at the moment. It will blow over. Sorry for taking it out on you," he says and then gives me a side hug before we proceed with rehearsal.

___

Jamie's POV

"And one, two, three, left, then one, two, three right. Then you jump!" Mia says. I forgot how energetic and lively she was when she wasn't being a prick. She's not always like that.She just loves attention and people doing what she says, but she doesn't know that her elegance and beauty is enough to let anyone bow down to her. "Hello! Are you listening?" she almost screams causing me to laugh before I follow her instructions.

"Was that good enough for you, your highness?" I ask sarcastically.

"No, you could do better. You're a guy, jump higher. You could jump higher," she says giving me a pointy look.

"You're tiring me. I should have known you wouldn't choose a slow song. Don't you think all these moves will tire us out then we won't be able to sing properly?" I ask her.

"Everyone and their mother will be doing a slow song. We're different and we need to stand out. We'll sound good regardless of the choreography. We always sounded good together, now get into dance mode and start moving," she says and slaps my butt.

30 minutes later and I feel like I'm nearing my death. I'm just laying on the floor tired and almost lifeless. Then suddenly I feel Mia's tiny body curl up next to me.

"This was fun. Thanks Jamie," she says and puts her arm around mine.

"You're welcome. Anything for you," I say.

"I really missed you. I'm sorry," she says. I should really feel flattered because she doesn't apologize to anyone.

"It's okay. Just forget about it," I say and get up, then I hold out my hand and she gets up after me. I don't know where this strength is suddenly coming from. After all these years of camp I don't think she's ever lost her touch over me, because suddenly I'm captivated by her. Before I can even think properly, I reach forward and connect my lips with hers. It's not like anything I felt before. I didn't even have to wait long for her to respond.

When our lips finally disconnect, she puts her arms around my neck and just hugs me. We stay like that for a while until we are interrupted by her minion who comes bursting in because she needs Mia's help with something stupid.