Epilogue

Two years ago I went to Summer camp and I met this amazing girl Amy and her cousin Jamie. We stayed in contact and I went to summer camp the following year. I was 16 back then and now I'm 18. This year Amy and I decided not to go to camp. We had to prepare for university. We both got accepted at the same tertiary institution, but for different courses. While she is doing the art of dance, I'm studying music. We applied for accommodation on campus and we will obviously be sharing a room together. I'm glad I won't be sharing a room with some stranger, even though Amy has weird habits, I can at least deal with that.

Today we have to be here for orientation, so we familiarize ourselves with the campus.

"We're finally adults. I can't believe we're actually here. I can only imagine all the cool parties and cute boys we'll meet and all the mistakes we'll make together," Amy says excitedly.

"And also all the studying and working our asses off to get our degrees," I say causing her to give me a straight face.

"Must you always be a bore. We're here to have fun," she says before one of the seniors leading us around campus gives her a weird look, "and to study every now and then of course," she adds quickly making me laugh.

"There will be plenty of time for everything. Knowing you, you'll make time for everything," I tell her as we continue walking and chatting not even paying attention to what we are being shown. I can already see how we'll regret this when we have to move around campus without guidance.

As we round one of the corners I stop dead in my tracks as a familiar pair of hazel eyes is heading our way with a pretty blonde hanging onto his arm. I think I've lost all ability to move the moment our eyes connected. That is, until Amy covers my eyes with one of her hands and shoves me in a different direction leaving the group we were walking with.

"What are you doing?" I ask her frantically. "We're going to get lost without them."

"I'd rather get lost here than for you to get lost in those eyes and be heartbroken again," she says. In times like these I really appreciate her. "But I guess now we have to find a way to get out of here, because this place is huge and I have no idea how we got here in the first place," she says.

And that's how we spent hours trying to find the exit, because Amy was too clever to accept anyone's help.

---

Logan's POV

My cousin Grace, attends the University of Art in our state. She knows how much I love music and how I'd love to make a career of it. She knows about my situation with my mom. We actually met when my mom decided to reunite me with her family again. Grace's mother is my mother's estranged sister.

Things haven't really gotten better over the years, but at least I had a place other than camp to go to each holiday. Knowing the situation with my mother, Grace's parents allowed me to stay with them during the holidays. She was an only child and apparently her father always wanted a son he could teach stuff to and do manly things with. He even taught me how to fish. My mother has tried to contact me several times, but I ignored her. Her husband went out of his way to make me feel welcome when I was there, while she just pushed me away and made me feel like an outsider. I didn't want to intrude so I left their place as soon as I could. My mom still sends me money and eventually bought me a car, but I don't think I ever want to see her again.

Grace and I are currently roaming the halls of the university I'll be attending this year. I already love it here. It's so far away from all my problems and I feel like I could start a new chapter here. I haven't gone back to camp after what happened last time. In such a short time I fell madly in love with a girl, a girl who's name I never uttered after I left camp. A girl I thought I'd never see again until today. A girl I promised myself I'd forget.

Today as I'm entering this new stage in my life, I didn't think I'd have to relive the past ever again. Grace and I were walking through the corridors when we saw a group of people, who Grace informed me were freshman being shown around camp, rounding the corner. I was shook when I saw her. She was there right in front of me. Before I could even do something or say something, Amy who I didn't notice before, pulled her away from me. I can't believe it. She's here and she looks so different. Her hair is shorter and straight, but it's still her. She's really here.

"Caley," I whispered.

"No, I said the clay room is next door. This is just some filing room," Grace says causing me to chuckle.

"I know where the clay room is," I tell her. "I just saw someone I didn't think I'd ever see here."

"Who?" she asks.

"Caley. The girl I told you about," I tell her and the look she has on her face spells trouble. I don't think I want to know what's she's about to say.

"We're getting your girl back," she says with the biggest grin plastered on her face.

And just like that my life spiraled out of control again.

---

Sequel: Chemistry in Sound (Chemistry in Summer Sequel)  will be posted before/by  February 2019.