Chapter 5

"Hey, you've been awfully quiet," Jamie whispers in my ear while our vocal coach is explaining something.

"Maybe that's because I'm trying to listen and maybe score a few pointers," I say chuckling because he was clearly not paying attention.

"I want to ask you something," he says.

"I'm listening," I say.

"I'll tell you as soon as the grinch of music stops talking," what he just says causes me to widen my eyes and then let out a slightly loud laugh as he actually see that he doesn't act like the grinch at all, but he definitely has similar features.

"Care to share the joke, Caley," our vocal coach asks me causing everyone's eyes, including Logan's glaring eyes to move in our direction.

"It was my fault sir, I let out a slight sound from my buttom that Caley over here heard," Jamie says causing me to chuckle again.

"Why am I laughing so hard at that?" I say continuing to laugh.

"Why don't you guys just get out of class so the rest of us can enjoy this lesson uninterrupted," Logan suddenly suggest.

"Great idea Logan. Please see yourselves out," the grind says pointing at the door and we quickly stumble out of class..

"Seeing that we're alone now, you might as well tell me what you wanted to tell me before we interrupted the coach," I tell Jamie.

"You mean before he interrupted us," Jamie says below his voice.

"So you were saying," I encourage him to continue.

"Seeing that we won't be doing much tomorrow we could perhaps hang out. Maybe go to the lake and have a picnic. Nothing too fancy, just a friendly thing," he says stuttering at the end.

"Sure, sounds fun. I haven't really had much time to get to know you expect during meals," I agree to it. He's really adorable and yes, he's that crush type of adorable.

After our talk I decided to head to my cabin seeing that I don't have any activities until after lunch.

"Caley!" I turned around to se Logan jogging in my direction. "Wait," he says breathlessly and reads a hand on my shoulder.

"You followed me or were you just casually jogging in my direction?" I ask raising an eyebrow.

"I won't even lie, I followed you. But it wasn't for nothing. What were you and Jamie talking about earlier? I mean I saw you talking in class and you were both gone for a while before I saw you both again. What's up? Is there anything you need to tell me?" he asks sounding demanding and authoritive, the nerve of this guy. He just demanded to hear what is going on between Jamie and I.

"We've barely known each other for a few days, yet you feel the need to know about my encounters with other people? Who do you think you are? That's really none of your business," I tell him, still shocked at his tone.

"It is my business seeing that you are doing a duet with me at the talent show and he might just snatch you from me. He might have heard you sing and wanted you all for himself. He's been trying to sabotage me for years," he says sounding a bit dramatic.

"You're seriously being dramatic now. You don't have to worry about anyone snatching me, as you put it earlier. We were just talking. I haven't even agreed to singing with you, can we maybe discuss this tonight?" I ask.

"I really need to know this now. You don't know how important this is," he tells me.

"Okay fine I'll sing with you. Can I go now?" I ask him.

"Yes," he says, but just as I'm about to leave he pulls me back and stops me abruptly, "No!" causing me to jerk back and into his chest. "Sorry," he says putting a bit of distance between us. "You can't go before I tell you something. I sort of like you. I know I don't really know you, but I like you since that night we spent talking at the lake. You're the first girl who I could have a real conversation with who didn't interrupt me or make it about themselves. Besides that I find you really attractive. Then I heard you sing and I guess that just really set off whatever I'm feeling even more. So, I like you. It's like I'm having this huge crush on you. I think crushes can develop in a short amount of time, right? If not, then what else am I feeling," he says blushing slightly and then looking down at his feet. Remember how I said I think I like him? Well this definitely did not help, because my stomach is in chaos from all the butterflies dancing around in it.

"I don't know what to say. I wasn't ever really in a situation like this," says stupid me. Don't blame me though. This cute guy is standing in front of me, still holding my hand throughout this whole crushing confession.

"It's okay I understand. You probably like Jamie, so it's cool," he says letting go of my hand, but this time I'm the one grabbing his arm. Believe me, he is definitely more muscular than I thought. It feels really good to rub on it like this. I can't help but to stare at it as I chuckle. Suddenly he chuckles and says, "This is very soothing but also weird. I feel like you are more attractive to my arm than to my arm. My eyes are up here," he says still chuckling and I quickly drop my hand.

"Sorry. I just, wow," I say flustered and then I quickly clear my throat. "There's nothing going on between Jamie and I. We're just friends," I say before he gets any other ideas.

"Good, so maybe we can talk more about this at rehearsal tomorrow?" he asks.

"Yes, I guess so," I say just stupidly smiling.

Just then I hear a bin close by fall. It isn't really windy, so I don't really know how that happened, but anyway back to the present.

"Cool. See you then," he says. Just when I think I couldn't feel more flustered than I did before, this guy kisses me on the forehead and jogs away again. He just had to send me in overdrive. I quickly ran inside the cabin and buried my face in a pillow. Luckily I was here alone. I don't really know where the others are.

I'm really anxious to see what happens tomorrow. I'm both nervous and excited to see Logan again.