Erin's Mom

Yn's POV

Adam and I walked into the office the next morning hand in hand. "I love being able to do this" Adam said. I smiled. "Me too." I looked around to see that no one was here.  Erin and Jay were always here before us. "Hey Voight, where is everyone?" "New case. There tracking a lead" he replied. About an hour later, all of us were brought into a new case that was brought to us by Erin's mom.

"Tracked the cell on the other end of Vosh's phone. It was thrown in a dumpster near the river. Roman and Burgess are checking it out" Adam said. "Everyone, this is Gina Gawronski. We used to work Vice together" Antonio said and gestured to a woman. "Looks like you guys caught a crew we've been trying to get for months. You have one offender in custody" she asked. "Yes. Nick Vosh. He's over at Chicago Med in surgery. Whoever he's working with, though, is still out there with Sarah Normark's family" I say.

"From what we know, there's two of them, and they've robbed seven check exchanges in the last two months. Check exchanges aren't FDIC, so FBI won't get involved. And you can steal more than you get at most banks. These guys have grabbed 50k to 60k each time. Nearly a half mil so far" Gina said. "All right, what do we have on them" Voight asked. "Until now, not much. Two white males, well-built. One robs the check exchange manager; the other one holds their family hostage in a box truck. There's no GPS in those old trucks so they're difficult to track. We were hoping the reward money would help us catch a break, but-" Erin cut Gina off. "What reward money?" 

"About a week ago, the check exchange put up 25 grand for any information leading to the arrest of the offenders" Gina said. "So if this guy's out there and he knows his partner got popped, no telling what he'll do with the family"Antonio said.  "Yeah, that's right. And Nick's the more violent of the two. During their third robbery, a dye pack went off in his face when the manager was handing over the cash, so he shot the manager's wife and dumped her body in the forest preserve" Gina said. "All right, thanks. We'll take it from here" Voight said.

We then got a call from Burgess and Roman. They said they kind of found where the truck was and gave us an address to meet them at. "The missing box truck with the Douglas Company logo was spotted driving past a red light camera two blocks south of that intersection. Seemed to just vanish somehow between this three-block stretch" Roman said. "So the street's flanked on one side by the river, on the other by industrial buildings. It's pretty desolate" Kim said. "Everybody fan out. Check any building with a garage. And grab the infrared scanner" Voight said.

Al, Adam, and I headed down an alley to look around. We came to the end of it ti see a part of the fence run down. "You see what I see" Al asked. "Yep" Adam replied. "Please tell me that's not what I think it is" I say. "Call the fire department. Tell them to bring a crane" Al said. "I think I'm going to be sick" I say and cover my mouth with my hand before walking a few feet away.

When the fire department arrived, they were able to drag the truck out of the river. And when they opened it, I saw what I hoped wasn't in there. Two bodies with duck tape over their mouths. Frozen to the touch. One middle aged man, and a child. Both were dead. "You ever do a notification before" Al asked Adam. "That's the one thing that I didn't want to learn on this job" Adam said. Al sighed. "Let's take a ride."

We pulled up to Sarah's house and saw her car out front which notified us that she was home. "I'm going to stay in the car for this one" I say and stuff my hands in my pockets. "Yn, come on" Al said. "I said no Al. Please, just do this one without me." Al sighed before heading up to the house with Adam.

When we got back from talking with Sarah, we found out that the team had found the man who worked with Nick. However, he traded places with another cellmate by killing him and stealing his clothes and wristband. So now, he was on the loose. We soon got a location though and went to check it out. "Apartment 812" Erin said. "Let's go." We went to the right apartment but Jared Miko was no longer there. We then headed into the basement where we met up with Burgess and Roman. "Miko could be anywhere in here. So watch your back" Antonio said.

"Get down" Adam suddenly shouted. I ducked behind a crate just as bullets grazed over us. When they stopped, I held my gun out and started shooting in the direction of Miko. However, he took off. We all ran after him and ended up outside where Voight and Al had managed to capture Miko. And for some reason, I felt the need to go off on him. So when Antonio picked Miko off the ground and he was laughing, I drew my fist back and punched him in the face. Then Antonio dragged Miko to the car. "Come on Yn. Lets get you home" Adam said and wrapped an arm around me.