Debts of the Past

Yn's POV

"James Beckett. He's a triple-homicide felon Olinsky and I put away 15 years ago. Most of you know he's back out on the streets again on a technicality. Nothing more needs to be said about that. What does need to be said is he tried to kill me, Olive, Justin, and my grandson in front of my house. So the sooner he is in a box or a bag, the better. Am I clear" Voight said. I nodded and headed over to my desk. That's when Al's phone rang and he had a quick conversation with someone. "Guys" he said when he hung up. "We've got to go."

We got to the crime scene to see  burnt up car. And in the car was one burned human being who was beyond dead. "Who's the driver" Jay asked. "Jacob Logan. Retired CPD. He was on the team with us when we took down Beckett" Al said.

Later that day, we found Beckett's location. When he got into a taxi, we all surrounded him with our cars and stepped out with our guns raised. "Step out of the car" Jay said. The driver and Beckett then stepped out of the car. We let the driver go and took Beckett back to the station.

"We got the sealed transcript from the grand jury trial on Beckett. There's an unidentified voice on the wire. After the raid, this guy's on the tap telling Beckett that guns, heroin, and $2 million in cash were seized by the police" I say. "Which is, uh, where there's a discrepancy. Evidence tags from the raid show that there was... one million seized. Looks like Beckett was right. There's a million dollars missing" Jay said. Al and Voight looked at each other before heading into Voight's office.

"Hey" Adam said and grabbed my waist before pulling me down onto his lap. He then began kissing my jawline. "I want you so bad right now. There's nothing interesting going on with this case at the moment. How about we go to the-" I cut him off and stood up. "Adam! We're at work" I whisper yell. "And" he questioned. "I'm going to walk away now" I say.

A few hours  later, Voight called us to a house. "All right, Nathan Whitcomb. Don't let the nice house fool you. Hit it" Voight said. Kevin busted the door down and we all walked inside. "Chicago PD! Put your hands up where I can see them now" Jay shouted. Adam walked over and pulled the wife and 2 kids over to the table while Voight and Al went over to Nathan. "What is this" he asked. "Your past catching up with you" Voight replied. Back at the district, we got Nathan to talk, and in return for immunity, he set up a meet with Beckett.

We were all waiting in different parts of the parking garage. I was waiting in a car with Kevin, Antonio, and Adam. "We're in position" Antonio said. A car then drove past Nathan, and suddenly, smoke bombs were being dropped so that we couldn't see him anymore. "Go go go" Voight said into the radio. I ran over to try and find Nathan or Beckett, but I was blinded because of the smoke. I eventually made it to the floor above me where Voight had already gotten Beckett. Kevin and Adam grabbed Beckett by the arms and dragged him back to the car.