Love lasts - chapter 9 - new horizons

"Welcome home, my Juliet." Jughead said as he placed down the suitcase of Betty's things that he held. "That's the last of them. You can unpack tomorrow. For now, let's go to bed. We still have school tomorrow." He stopped talking, for Betty wasn't listening. "Love, it's okay," he said, pulling a blank faces Betty into his warm embrace. "You'll get through this Betty. You're strong. You're so much louder than all the white noise. It's okay Betty. Let it out. " he continued to say soft, sweet words into her ear as she sobbed into his chest. Eventually she went silent, and pulled out of the embrace. "I love you, Juggy. " was all she had the breath for. "I love you to, Juliet. Now come on. What you need, is an episode of Grey's Anatomy and a cup of hot chocolate. How does that sound?"

"Perfect."

----------------------------------------------

The TV show was over, hot beverages drank. Betty Cooper lay in the arms of her Juggy, wishing that she could remain there forever. "Whe- ... I was about to ask when your dad would be home but ..."
"This is our place now Betty. No more parents. You never have to leave. Our home. There are only three things we need in this home. You. Me. And most importantly..." he leant down and kissed her lips softly and she smiled. "Our trailer will be full of love. Now sleep Cooper. Riverdale high awaits. "

They drifted off to sleep in each other's arms, new horizons in sight for the next day.

Sorry for the short one. Just a filler chapter to set up the next part. I think I might try to update twice in one night to make up for it. -Liz.