Chapter 33

"You want to see the farm?" I ask and Shawn nods enthusiastically like a little kid. I give him an old pair of dads wellies and we head out, I show him the milking parlour and how it works.

I then lead him to a different shed "This is the best part" I say as I open the door revealing all the calves. I make up a bottle of milk and let Shawn feed one of the calves, taking photos of him which are the most adorable thing ever.
I turn and see Sadie our border collie come bounding in, she sits at my feet waiting to be petted.
"This is Sadie" I say to Shawn and he instantly sets down the bottle and begins petting her making my heart melt. Dad enters the shed not long after. "Uhm Dad I'm going to shawns concert tonight, and Grace is also meeting us there by the way"

"Shawns concert?" He asks.

"Yea I've told you before he's a singer" we both laugh at my dads reaction. "You've probably heard his songs on the radio" I explain and dad shrugs.

"oh didn't know you were a big shot" he chuckles "Well have fun" he smiles before leaving, Sadie following.
Once we head back inside I have a shower before changing into a oversized plain T-shirt tucked into a black denim skirt with tights and boots. I smear some anti frizz oil into my hair and dry it before applying some basic make up and putting on a simple necklace and rings.
"Ready?" I say to Shawn as I enter his room, he looks up from his phone.

"Looking good" he smirks and do a twirl to show of my outfit. "Oh your tattoo let me see it" he says and I show it to him, he'd never seen it healed. I grab a jacket and my purse before we head outside, the car has tinted windows and looks very fancy.
Shawn greets the driver and we hop in, He immediately puts up the divider between us and the driver.

"How long does it take to get to Dublin?" He asks.

"Almost 2 hours" I reply.

"Good" He says before colliding his lips to mine.

"What time do you fly out tomorrow?" I ask once we break apart.

"Early, think it's 7am" I nod and try not to show how sad I am.

I play with the hem of my skirt. "You excited for tour to be over?"

"I wouldn't say excited but I am relieved to be going back to Canada and have some sort of routine back in my life" he chuckles. "I also can't wait to start writing the new album" he adds. The car pulls up at a service station and we get some coffee and food.
We get back into the car. "So what's your plans for this year?" Shawn asks while buckling his seatbelt.

I think for a moment "I'm not sure, university had me so swamped since September that I never actually took time to think about it, I'll either get a job once I graduate or take a few months and go travelling if I'm brave enough" I say with a smile. "I'll just see what happens, I'm not in a big rush to start straight into a career but if I get offered a good job I'll take it"

"So you graduate this year?" He asks.

"Yea, this summer in July, can't wait to be done with education, no more assignments or exams" I lean back and smile. 

"Seems like we both have an exciting year ahead" Shawn says.

too bad I won't be sharing it with him I think. We talk about the year ahead some more. The car slows as we approach a tolls that split the border, the driver pays a couple of Euros and we take off again, this means we are about half way there.
"If you're ever back here I'd love to show you Ireland, parts of it are the most amazing places I've ever been" I say looking out the window as the greenery passes by. "It's much nicer in summer when it's not foggy and miserable weather" I add.

"Yea people from home love Ireland, they say it's a great place to go" Shawn says. The rest of the car journey passes quickly as we talk about anything and everything, I feel like we both know time is running out so we're burning through conversation topics like threes no tomorrow. Well because for us, there isn't.

The car pulls up at the arena and Shawn helps me out, we go in from the back of the building.
"I've never been back stage in anywhere like this before" I say looking around.

"This isn't even the exciting part" he says grabbing my hand and leading me up on the stage to reveal the empty arena.

"Wow" I say. "How do you not freak out, look at the size of this place!" I say spinning around on the stage and Shawn laughs. I sit front row as he does sound check, sneakily taking some videos because I can't resist, it's like my own private concert.
Once soundcheck is over Shawn organises his thing in his changing room and we head out into Dublin to get some food.

"How long do we have?" I ask Shawn.

"About an hour and 30 minutes" he says and I smile.

"Okay come on then" I say walking quickly to the car. "Can you drop us off as close to template bar square as you can please" I ask and the driver nods.
We get out and go to see the famous temple bar and some other site seeing things within walking distance. We walk down the cobbled streets in the rain and as we pass a restaurant and I lead Shawn inside.

"This place does the best burgers ever" I say as I remove my jacket and sit down.

"Oh really?" Shawn asks.

"Yea Jess was obsessed with this place" I say and Shawn looks at me raising an eyebrow.

"Jess was my sister, sorry I didn't realise I'd never actually told you her name" I laugh a little to kill the awkward silence.

"Was that her room you let me stay in?" Shawn asks.

"Yea, we were actually in the process of redecorating it when she passed so once it was finished it didn't really feel like her room anymore" I say.

"Well she had good taste" Shawn says as he browses the menu and I smile. We order our food and it arrives very quickly, which I'm guessing had a lot to do with Shawns presence.
The car takes us back to the arena and I sit on a sofa as Shawn gets stage ready, he gets his hair styled and then changes into his outfit.
"I can't believe this is the last show of the tour" he says as he fixes his outfit in the mirror. I get up and go over, I slide up onto the counter beside where he standing.

"Yea these last few months flew in" I say, Shawn comes over and stands in front of me.
He lifts up my face. "Can't believe this is my last night I get to see you for who knows how long" he says before leaning in and kissing me softly. Suddenly the theres a knock at the door, Shawn quickly steps away as the girl enters.

"Shawn I jus-" the girls stops. "Oh sorry I didn't mean to" she says before backing out the door again.

"Bree wait" Shawn says jogging out after her, I have no idea who she is but the way Shawn ran after her kind of makes me a little jealous.
Shawn renters the room a couple of minutes later.
"Who was that?" I ask.

"Oh Bree, she's one of the merch people" he says trying to brush it off.

"Why'd you run after her?" I question.

"Ugh well she" Shawn stutters obviously carefully choosing his words.

I then piece it together "she's the girl you had over when I called that night isn't she?" I say.

_________________________

Can't believe we're almost at 100 votes and 7k reads, thank you 🥰