Chapter One Introduction to Us

Love never dies a natural death. It dies from greed, selfishness, jealousy, separation, disrespect, disloyalty, dishonesty and secrets-

My name is Dina Waters. I'm 47 years old. I married Charles Waters, he's 49. We have two children, Zoe Waters, 17, and Antonio Charles Waters, 15. Well, what I should be saying is was married. Charles and I have been married for 22 years. We met at a mutual friend's birthday party when I was 19. We hit it off right away and started spending a lot of time together. Our relationship started growing instantly.

Charles was working as a real estate agent for Estately Homes and after I graduated college I got a job as the lead paralegal for a small downtown law firm. Charles and I made love every chance we could. Before I knew it I was pregnant with Zoe. After we found out about my pregnancy he asked me to marry him. With his real estate connections we were able to buy a beautiful 4 bedroom home in Clover Hills. They have a great school system and the neighborhood had a lot to offer a young growing family. Three years later Antonio was the new addition to our family. We had a plan and we did everything together and everything for our kids. Life was good.

Until Charles hired Kenya Greene. He needed an assistant to run the office for him when he was out showing properties. At first, he was very open about his prospective employees. He was even asking me to take the job so we could work together. But I was always raised to think that a husband and wife need their space. Working together would be too much. Not to mention the fact that I really enjoyed my job and the pay was good. So he went through six interviews and finally settled on hiring Kenya. He did tell me she was young, smart and energetic. He failed to mention that she was pretty, sexy and single. I found that out on my own four months later.

Antonio was a basketball player by nature. I think he was dribbling a ball while I carried him. Anyway, I went to all of his games and Charles came when he could. On this particular game night, Antonio was on fire. He was all over the court, making jump shots, dunking, three pointers you name it. But on one jump in the air he came down hard on his ankle and I could almost hear it crack from the stands. The coach blew his whistle and everyone gathered around him. I ran down to see what happened. He could not stand at all and he was whimpering in pain. The coach, I and a few players helped him off the floor. I wanted to drive him to the hospital immediately, but the coach said we should call an ambulance, not truly knowing what was broken or injured. I called the ambulance and while I waited for them to arrive I called Charles. No answer. I left him a message telling him what happened and what hospital Antonio and I would be in. Then I called Zoe. She was at her friend Tiffany's house studying for a French test.

I followed the ambulance to Western General Hospital. The doctor said Antonio fractured his ankle and he would not be able to play for at least at minimum, three months. The doctor wanted him to come back in two weeks to check in. I tried calling Charles 3 or 4 more times with no response. I drove a sleeping Antonio home after sitting in the ER for five hours. They gave him some medicine to help ease the pain but warned that it would make him drowsy. I'd hoped that Charles could have met us at home to help me get Antonio out of the car. But he wasn't. So I had to wake him up and drag him in the house and up the stairs. He was able to help me enough to get in the bed and he was back to sleep before I could say goodnight.

I tried Charles again and again and he did not answer. It was going on 2:00 in the morning. Where the hell was he? I did not know of any property showings that were held at 2:00 in the morning. So I decided to take a little drive to find out where my husband was. When I pulled into his little parking lot near the strip mall I saw two cars there. One belonged to Charles and the other I didn't know. The building was mainly dark except for the parking lot light and a small light some where in the building. I got out and walked up to the door. I looked inside but it was too dark to see anything. I almost knocked on the door but remembered when he first opened he gave me a spare key. I haven't been to his office in a while. I found the key on my ring and opened the door.

As I walked inside it was quiet. I didn't know what was going on but I had an awful pit in my stomach. I suddenly felt sick. As I passed Kenya's empty desk and walked into Charles's office I knew why. He was screwing this bitch. He had a fistful of her hair and her skirt was hiked up as he was pounding her from behind. She was moaning softly and he was asking her 'who's was it'. She was always moaning and softly saying 'yours daddy'. I stood there watching in stunned silence. Everything in me wanted to scream and yell and throw shit at them. But instead I kept my composure and walked out. Some of you might be saying 'that couldn't be me, I would have fucked them both up right there. Believe me I wanted to but I had something better in mind for Mr. Waters and his young little side piece.

I drove home and I tried so hard not to cry. But the tears came out of nowhere like a flood. I was crying like a baby by the time I got home. I sat in my garage and didn't know how to feel. I gathered my purse and my feelings and went in the house. A half hour later Charles came home. I pretended like I was sleeping. He took a shower (of course he did) and climbed in bed. He tried kissing me but I did not move. 'Didn't you already have enough for one night?' I thought. It took all of me to lay there and not sucker punch his ass in the nuts.

*********PLEASE LEAVE A COMMENT, BE IT CRITICISM OR ENCOURAGEMENT, ALL IS WELCOME**

**********PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE REMEMBER TO VOTE IF YOU LIKE THIS STORY****************