Chapter Three My Night Out

I took a shower and started getting ready. Eva wanted to get to the club early so she could get a good seat. I guess Miles couldn't pull those strings yet. I sat at my dressing table staring at my face. I thought I was pretty even without make-up. I had high cheek bones, clear beautiful brown skin, pretty brown eyes, full sexy lips, and I had even gotten away from wearing hair weaves. My grandma always told me I was a natural beauty. I had a pretty good body too for an old broad. So why did my husband feel the need to go else where? I know why: she was young, simple as that. No matter what a man says with his mouth, in his mind he likes that young pussy. I wondered how many times he had already fucked her. I thought about all the times I called the office and she answered the phone, knowing who I was and what they were doing, laughing at me. I wondered. Just the thought of it made me sick. Was he using a condom? I asked myself. Now I'm getting to the real questions. Were his extracurricular activities causing problems for me?

I put on the red dress Eva gave me. I had to admit I was smoking hot in it. The shoes and purse just put the icing on the cake. "Where are you going?" Charles asked looking me up and down. "Out with Eva." I said flatly. "Really? Why didn't you tell me?" "I am telling you." "Do we have a problem?" he asked me. "You have a problem!" I screamed in my head. "No, of course not honey. Why do you ask?" "You haven't said two words to me all day, you have some kind of attitude going on and now you're going out without so much as a word to me?" I didn't know I had to check in with you, you certainly don't I said to myself.  "I have said words to you, I don't have any kind of attitude and the last time I checked I was a grown woman. I don't need to clear it with you to go spend time with my friend." 

"Well that dress looks like you're doing more than going to spend time with your friend." he said in a satirical tone. "Thanks I thought I looked good in it too." He shook his head. "Order the kids something please...unless you're cooking. And don't forget to check on Antonio." I said as I walked out and closed the door behind me.

Eva lived in Mooreside Hts on the other side of town. I took the freeway there. When I got to her house she had the music blasting. It was one of Miles CD's. I had to call her from the car because she didn't hear me knocking. "Hey girl!" she said hugging me once she finally opened the door. "Oh my God, you're looking good!" she said. "You're not too shabby yourself." I told her. Eva is a beautiful woman. She's light-skinned. One of those chics we used to call high yellow when we were younger. She was tall, had long sexy muscular legs. She had naturally long chestnut brown hair and she always complained that she needed a change. She had light green eyes. But her lips were thin like her mother's. I told her if her daddy had chosen a black woman she would have had full lips like mine. We always laughed at that because her dad was black and her mom was white. But I loved her mother like she was my own.

Eva wore a short cobalt blue mini dress, off the shoulder with cuts on the hips, arms, and chest. She could not have been wearing underwear with those cuts there. "I thought my dress was short!" I said pulling at the bottom of hers. "I gotta rep for my man...these young girls are gunning for me!" she laughed but I didn't. I knew all too well what she was talking about.  I chose to drive my own car in case Eva and Miles decided to get together after the show. When we got there the place was packed. Hoochies every where. Asses and tits hanging out all over the place. I couldn't compete with these young girls, what was I thinking? Just as Eva and I found a table in the front near the stage a young guy walked over to us. "Can I buy you ladies a drink?" he asked licking his lips. I was probably more than half his age. "I don't know, can you?" Eva asked flirtatiously. He smiled flashing his perfectly straight white teeth. He had dimples and pretty eyes. Nice hair cut, neat clothes, no sagging jeans. He even smelled good. I left him for Eva to tackle but he seemed to keep drawing his attention to me. "Of course I can, I'm a gentleman." "Ok then, I'll have white wine." she said. "What can I get for you?" he asked me still smiling. He was charming. "I'll have an apple martini." "Alright got you, be right back."