Chapter Ten

"I have made my decision." Anxiety cut in, his voice interpreted the little moment Logan and Patton were having. We all looked at him. Anxiety seemed to flinch, but I was probably mistaken. "I discussed what you proposed to me with the creatures in the woods. They are unsure, but, they will allow it as long as myself, and Patton are there." He declared, deep voice sounding tired. "However, of any living thing in the forest gets injured, they have a right to defend themselves. Even if that means they end up killing one of your people."

Rage filled my veins. "What?! We can't hurt them but they can hurt us?!" I spat, hand wrapping around the handle of my sword.

"That is not what he said Roman." Logan pushed his glasses up on the bridge of his nose. "He was implying that if they are attacked Lord Anxiety has given them permission to protect themselves."

"Your Highness, I recommend you keep your son restrained." Anxiety glared at me from the corner of his eye. I met his glare with my own before realizing, his eyes were dull, his skin pale, well paler than what I'd seen, and his under eyes were darker in the powder he'd applied. "Children have no place in a talk between men."

"You're no older than I am!" I declared, growl deep in my voice.

"He is right Roman. Be quiet or I will have you removed until our guest leaves." My Father fixed me with a glare. I grumbled and stared down at the clean castle floor.

"Is that agreeable?" Anxiety continued, turning back to my father.

"It is." Father nodded his head.

"Good. I had Wicca wright up a enchanted parchment." My head snapped up. Anxiety pulled some parchment from his robe. "It's a contract. If either of us brake any part of it, the braker will be put through some form of pain as punishment." Anxiety handed over the contract to my father. He read it over, and motioned for a quill.

"Father-" I started to protest.

"Roman." He said seriously, and I looked away with a frown. He sighed and went on signing. When Anxiety got it back he signed as well. A rush of purple magic burst from the paper, meaning it was sealed. "Thank you for coming Lord Virgil."

"Of course." Anxiety nodded. "I hope something good comes out of this. I don't like my time being wasted." The dark person said, his voice sounded irritated, and tired. I was kind worried, I mean he was a Villain, who knows what he does wen hes irritated? "Now if you'll excuse me, I'm tired and want to leave."

"Well, we do have an extra room if you would like." My Father offered.

"Thank you but-" Patton gave Anxiety a look and whispered something I couldn't hear. Anxiety sighed and Patton grinned. "Thank you for the offer. I will take it."

"Splendid. Roman, show Lord Virgil to one of the spare rooms." Father ordered with a smile that said 'Now young man.'

"Yes dad." I said with a forced smile. "Logan, distract Patton for a while." I hummed out and motioned for Anxiety to follow.

The walk was quiet, only our shoes tapping on the hard floor. The silence was starting to irritate me however, so I decided to shatter it.

"Why do you look more dead than usual?" I asked.

"You try talking to multiple species at once while they're scared." Anxiety spat back, a growl in his throat. "Honestly I just want to go back, but Patton wanted an excuse to hang out with Logan."

"They really like each other huh?" I sighed gently.

"I suppose." Anxiety hummed.

I stopped at the door of a room and opened it. "You can sleep in here."

"Right, thanks. Do me a favor and tell your maids not to wake me up, or enter the room at all." Anxiety walked in and grabbed the door.

"Why no-"

"Because I said so." Anxiety cut me off and shut the door in my face.

"Rude much." I grumbled and stalked away. "Why didn't he want anyone to enter the room?" I mumbled to myself in thought. "Whatever reason, I'm going to find out."