Chapter Thirteen

He was hurt. Anxiety that is. I saw a small stream on blood slipping down his arm, and there was no way getting a huge paw to the gut would not hurt. I watched as he sat to the side, not asking for help, and trying not to look in pain at all. I looked at the others, but they seemed unaware as they studied, or held the Jackalopes.

Jackalopes looked like standard rabbits, having dusty brown fur, long feet, and short tails with white underbellies. Their ears were long with pink insides, but what made the creatures breathtaking were the pale cream antlers. From the hoard I could tell no two creatures had the same antlers.

I walked over and sat next to Anxiety. "You're hurt." I stated bluntly, glancing at him.

He looked up, trying to mask his shock. But his beautiful purple eyes exposed his shock. "I-I'm not hurt."

I rolled my eyes. "Your arm, and that paw, I'm sure, hurt you a bit. Want me to look at it?"

"No." Anxiety looked back at the group. "The pain will subside soon anyway."

"But your arm is bleeding."  I said, continuing to poke and prod at him.

"If I say yes will you leave me alone?" Anxiety groaned, running a hand down his face.

"Yes!" I grinned in triumph. He sighed and held out his injured arm. I pulled up his sleeve and winced. His pale skin was tainted with deep gashes from, I honestly didn't know what. "What happened?" I asked, pulling out some water, bandaged, and a handkerchief.

"An owl landed on my arm." Anxiety shrugged, biting his lip when I started cleaning the injury. "It would have healed in a day or two."

"So what are you?" I blurted out. I wanted to say it more casually, but I slipped.

He let out a small sound of amusement, I'm assuming. He glanced at me with a small, almost sad smirk on his lips. "That is a good question." He sighed, pulling his wrapped arm away and hiding the bandages. "Come on. Time to meet the fairies."

He stood and walked away. I stared after him. "So, he doesn't even know himself?" I whispered. "Wait for me!" I squealed, realizing what he said and running after the dark winged male.

-Timeskip-

The sun was setting over head, and we were all exhausted, well Patton wasn't but I don't think he could get exhausted. And Anxiety looked like he thrived in the night. Anxiety sighed, looking at us. "Time to get you all back to the kingdom." He said.

"No! Let us stay the night! Please~" Patton begged, using puppy dog eyes.

"Its more dangerous at night." Anxiety shook his head.

"Come on, its only one night, probably, and once we'll be able to see the forest at night." I chimed in, smiling at him. I glanced at the rest of the group who, besides Logan, gave Anxiety puppy dog eyes.

"Fine." He groaned. I gave Patton a hi-five, but the celebration was cut short. "But! You will not leave camp, you will not complain, you will share a tent with one person, you will not leave that person's side for any reason. Now, because you lot decided you wanted to spend the night, you'll all be meeting someone a little early." He smirked again.

"Why do I have the feeling I'm not going to like this?" I sighed, dread filling my chest.

A/N Sorry for the late/short update. I've had a hard couple of days and have been swamped.