Chapter Twenty-Two

I sighed when we reached the others. Camping out again I guessed as they all had a large, (What were they called? Blankets? Yeah.) blanket spread out. It was held down by stones and even Wicca was out and about with the humans she so desperately despised. It made my lips quirk as she laughed with Joan about something.

"Guess we're camping out?" Roman chuckled, slinging his arms around my shoulders.

"If I have to." I groaned, turning away to hide the blush that hauntingly climbed my cheeks.

"You love us." Roman grinned cheekily, causing another eye roll. I didn't respond though, knowing it was partially true.

"Roman, Virgil!" Patton gushed, running over to us. "How was your guy's date~?"

"It wasn't a date!" My wings fluffed up behind him, accidentally smacking Roman in the face.

"Ow..." he grumbled, massaging his jaw.

"Sorry." I muttered.

"Awe, now isn't this a horrible evening." A silky voice from behind me made my stomach drop. I whipped around, eyes blowing wide. "Snake go your tongue my precious?"

"D...Dolos..." I gulped, taking him in. He hadn't changed at all.

Tall with broad, sharp features. The right half of his face was decorated with deep green snake scales. His left eye was a dark grey, the right a bright yellow. He wore a extravagant white button up with a black and gold caplet and a black and gold bowler hat. Beside him was a large, sharp grey scaled Basilisk.

"Virgil, who is this?" Roman asked, a growl in his voice as he stood in front of me.

Everyone else was now alert. Wicca growled and was making her way towards us.

"He-He's-"

"I'm Virgil's fiance of course." Dolos grinned wickedly. "And I've come to take him back." I breathed in sharply, flinching away from his gaze.

"He's not going anywhere!" Patton and Roman yelled in unison.

"I won't let you take him!" Roman pulled out his sword.

"Sorry Princey, but this doesn't involve you." Dolos cackled, building a yellow light in his hand.

"Roman look out!" I screamed, shoving Roman to the side. A searing pain echoed into my head, until everything went black.

To Be Continued....

A/N I know it's super short, and I'm really sorry, but its my birthday and I've barely had a moment's peace today so sadly this is what you get.