#13 - Me And A Terrible Day

{New Cover Above?}

Have you ever had that feeling of anger towards a friend of yours who's done something wrong but you can't tell them they're wrong or you're angry at them because the reason was stupid? No? Well you aren't normal then.  

As I fixed my gaze on Maureen and Joseph, I felt this sick urge to strangle the life out of her. Her sickening sweet smile was disgusting to me. Before either of them noticed I was watching them, I hurried out of the class only to bump into Love and Glory. "Where do you think you're going?" Glory pursed her lips at me, her eyes glancing from my hands to my face. "Home. Where else?" G shook her head at me before knocking the dirt out of my hand. "We have lesson mumu."

My face drained of the little color it had and I frowned. Lesson. An hour and a half of more learning. An hour and a half of dealing with more people. An hour and a half of seeing much more of Rainy's face than I preferred. An hour and a half of hell.

Like every other Thursday, I forgot to read through my note and silently prayed as we walked to class that our Teacher didn't ask questions. Mrs. Owolabi loved doing that, loved testing us, giving us a heart attack with her incredibly complicated tests, it was horrible.

As usual, my friends and I mounted our chairs taking over the front. My eyes drifted to Rainy, she was laughing with Glory about something I could care less about. Her stupid teeth fully on show, then I noticed how she'd glance else where once in a while. My eyes followed hers and landed on, drum roll please, Joseph. Wow, totally unexpected.

"Today is definition and small calculation.." I zoned out as our lesson teacher began filling us in on what we'd do today. I didn't pay her much attention until she said "Ekpe girls come out!"

Which brings us back to my current situation, I was still freaking out as I skimmed through my note. I could hardly process anything I was reading and a large frown had made its way unto my lips. I was going to embarrass myself in front of the a few most influential people in our set, this was shitty.

We all lined up, well more like huddled together and then sometimes shoving a random person in front of us so they'd go next. The first question was pretty easy but before I could say a thing someone had already answered. As the questions kept coming, the people started leaving until few of us remained.

My heart slammed against my rib cage as my mind started predicting the possible questions she could ask. "You girls are not reading, Women! All of you go back to your seats." I let out a massive breath I totally knew I was holding and silently thanked the lord.

Maybe today won't be so terrible in the end.

Time happened to fly faster than I expected as I payed total attention to our teacher so I didn't have to pay attention to the way Rainy was stupidly smiling and how Jojo was trying not to obviously stare at her.

I didn't waste time in getting home, I didn't even wait behind like I usually did to talk to my friends. Just being around them infuriated me more because they were happy and I wasn't.

The first thing I did when I got home was go to the kitchen, I checked around for something to cook and a minute later I decided on spaghetti. "Get off me!" My head snapped in the direction of a familiar screech. Mum.

I went out the kitchen and turned the corner only to see my mother with a suitcase and a hand bag being held by the arm by none other than my father. They hadn't seen me yet as my father pleaded whilst my mum tried her best to get away from him.

"I don't care if you're sorry. How could you still meet up with that thing! The slut that caused all our problems. I now understand, you don't love me, you never did!" She yanked her hand roughly out of my dad's hold, pulling her suitcase behind her.

I almost gasped as I watched my before my eyes, my father fell to his knees. He clasped his hands together, tears flowing down his eyes, he looked so scared, tired. Broken. "Please, I'll do anything, I swear I love you. Please don't do this!"

My mother laughed. She actually bursted out into a fit of giggles like a maniac. "I'm supposed to trust you? What do you expect me to do now? Accept you? Forgive you?" She let go of the suitcase handle and marched towards my father.

Crouching down to his level, she raised her hand to his face and softly caressed his cheeks. Her lips curved into a small smile for a quick second before they morphed into a mean frown. "I will never ever believe the lies that fall from your lips again. I hate you from the bottom of my burning heart and you will regret loosing me."

She immediately rose to her feet and started towards the door. I couldn't let this happen. My mother was leaving. She was walking out on us, on me. My father was doing nothing so I willed my body to do something, just something.

"Stop!"