#15 - Me and Amebo

New cover up above? What do you think?

Nothing.

No bra. No lip stick. Not even a card of any sort. In movies the main character would have found a lot of things but sadly I had found nothing. The whole 12 hours without my dad was wasted because  it turned out, I was a terrible spy after all. 

I saw nothing out of the ordinary, nothing to prove my dad was cheating. I was bummed, usually in Movies the Hero usually finds something that helps her save the day. All I found was a reason to clean the house.

With the gloomiest mood every, I headed to the kitchen for dinner. Usually, my mother would cook something but since she wasn't here it was up to me. I decided on simple

My stomach grumbled at around 8:15 pm, so I started getting dinner ready. Spaghetti. It was very simple to say I was a very huge fan of spaghetti, I loved it.

The pot filled with noodles was just hitting the fire when the door opened. My dad was home. This was surprising, my father always comes homes late on Fridays. It was a known fact by everyone, even my very distant cousins knew this.

I peeked around the door post and watched him plop onto the couch, he was talking in hushed whispers. Curiosity drew me closer to him, he was so engrossed in whoever he was speaking to that he didn't notice me crawling across the room.

"-No, my wife wouldn't mind anymore. I can't do it. Cancel everything.... yes, I guess my schedule is free forever." My dad broke into a little fit of laughs, then he shook his head. "Yes, we can meet up. It needs to be private, by 2:30 tomorrow. Yes, Central Soup. Good night Nifemi."

That's when my eyes popped. Nifemi. I remember very clearly the night my mother lashed out, Nifemi was the name of the woman. The home wrecker. The beautiful woman. I needed to find out who she was, I needed to understand what was happening.

My father stood up abruptly, he sniffed the air and that's when it hit me. My food. I jumped off the floor and rushed to the kitchen, grabbing the pot and dropping it on the ground due to the hot burning handle. I had forgotten to reduce the heat.

My spaghetti was ruined. Thank you so much dad for letting me destroy an amazing would-be-meal. My eyes widened for I think, the third time in the past 5 minutes. I had just blown my cover, my father knew very well I had been eavesdropping on him. Lord, kill me now.

30 minutes later. I was sitting on the floor beside the pot of spaghetti. I had scooped it all back into the pot but I need to trash it and I couldn't do that without getting to the store room. I would've checked if my dad was still there but I was beyond scared to even try peeping in fear of being caught.

So I was camping in the kitchen for the night. The kitchen ended up being boring as I had not expected, it was so boring I found myself counting rice. That was a very sad and embarrassing way to entertain myself. When I finally heard the sound of footsteps and all the lights went off, I was sure the coast was clear.

With a sigh, I packed up the rice and got off the floor. Returning the grains to their container, I made my way out of the kitchen. Walking in the dark proved not to be an easy task but I was awesome at it, I felt the light switch then the fan switch, next to it was the door handle I was sure.

Then I felt something. The bodice was fabric but it felt hard. A curtain covering a wall? I rubbed the curtain and then I realized it was moving. In a stead motion, softly, back and forth, almost like breathing. Dum. Dum. Dum. The fourth time today with the widened eyes, I slammed my hand onto my lips.

The light flickered on, and in all his smug glory stood the devil.

"You think you have sense shebi?"