#23 - Me And My Public Declaration

Chapter 23

It's been a week.

A week since Daniel asked me out.

A week of people asking me if i'd say yes or if I would shun Daniel or if we were already secretly dating.

Most people went on to believe that I was this saint who would never accept Daniel, I'd heard countless people, while subtly passing by his class, tell him to quit on me. But Daniel was stubborn, he was worse than Eniola, he was worse than 7 goats combined, he told everyone of them that there was always a chance.

2 weeks ago, my answer was a sure no. Joesph was all I could ever think about but now. Daniel had proposed a deal. He would help me get Joseph by using his stupid theory and after some though, I believed it just might work.

Ss2 Ekpe was always a hassle, students were sitting on the table, others were eating and some sleeping. It wasn't even break yet and the class looked like a busy cafe. Like Central soup.

I was sitting at my seat with an Iris Johansen Novel in hand, engrossed in the story of Eve and John Gallow, when out of nowhere the book was knocked down to the ground.

I lifted my head up from my desk, both in annoyance and confusion to meet a grinning Maureen. I rolled my eyes at my over dramatic bestfriend and glided sideways on the wooden chair, giving space for Rainy. Picking up the book in the process, my eyes continued on the pages.

Without a second thought, she fell onto the seat with a slight bounce and turned to me. She was radiating happiness, that's for sure. "What did you drink this time?"

Rainy rolled her eyes and gave a sarcastic laugh before returning back to her Spongebob mode. "I didn't drink anything and if you must know.." she paused for a second and leaned in. "..I have a boyfriend now. "

There was this ringing. This ringing that did all sorts of things to my body. I felt bile rising up my throat as a dull ache began to form in my chest. Joseph and Maureen were official.

I didn't need Maureen to say those exact words as I and the rest of the class, more like set, already knew what was happening. JoReen. The ship name I'd written on sheets of paper before ripping it apart had finally took sail.

My best friend was now dating my crush of 3 years. I wasn't going to cry cause that would be silly, but I did slam my novel shut and rudely walk out of the class, leaving Maureen behind in disbelief and possible anger.

But who cares. Who cares how Rainy felt at the moment. She had the dream guy at her beck and calling and here I was, always to be known as her side kick.

So I walked through the doors of Ekun with a determined look on my face, I was filled with one thought and one thing only. Spotting the pawn in my game, I lightly tapped his shoulder and he spun around.

I had not only caught his attention but the whole class, all who were now staring at me the whole walk from the door to his seat. With a devious smile, I wrapped my hands around him and squealed. "I loved the gifts. Yes I'll be your girlfriend Danny."

There was a second of silence. So quiet you could hear a pin drop before they erupted into hails and applause. I hugged Daniel one more time before attempting to head out. I couldn't.

There were Ekun students every where, the boys surrounded me as they all yelled random questions at me like, "Ahn, What about me na? Come and hug me na." or "New boy don land woman before us."

It took me pretty much 20 minutes to get out of the class, heaving out a sigh as I got a breath of fresh air. Ekun boys were crazy. And as I turned toward the direction of my class, I heard someone yell my name.

I twirled around only to see a smirking Daniel blow a kiss in my direction, which not only caused an uproar in Ekun but in the class opposite them and other passerbys. Before the end of today, everyone would know, That Kolupo and Daniel were now an Item, especially Joseph.

I allowed the bounce in my step to grow as I walked back to my class, the cute grin on my face never fading away. I had a boyfriend now. Kolupo Davis wasn't single anymore.

I thought back to when Daniel blew a kiss in my direction and my smile widened. He did look kind of cute doing it. Really cute.

Bam. Right in my face. My forehead set ablaze with pain as I tripped over a stone and lost my balance, toppling over backwards. I let out a squeal as I fell to my doom.

NNSS uniform at the top. That is, Kolupo's school uniform for the girls. Also my school. 😁 The stripes on the tie represent the classes. For seniors. Three stripes represents ss3. The juniors students were Pinafore or gowns as we call them and white on the inside. With long socks and sandals. That's the uniform. And only black bags, any colourful bag would be siezed.