#30

Not Edited

I always loved action movies.

Something about the fights and the violence allowed some adrenaline run through my veins and excited me. I had never been involved in a fight before, I'd never aggressively punched someone unless it were a joke and I'd never taken a punch either.

I was shoved.

That's right. While I was still looking for nice ways to tell Joseph to nicely take his hand off my shoulder, I was harshly shoved forward. This time, Joseph didn't catch me and I didn't crash into the ground, because this time, I caught myself.

It wasn't seconds after the shove that Maureen's  once adorable screams filled the air and almost deafened me. I'm being overly dramatic. "Why are you such a whore?" My brows furrowed. "You just keep throwing yourself onto my boyfriend!" My nose flared.  "I know Daniel is ugly but it serves you right for choosing him over our friendship!" My fist clenched. "No wonder your mother called you a slut!"

In seconds we were on the ground. Not to worry guys, I didn't tackle her. She tackled me. Maureen slammed her fists into the sides of my head, while I held her wrist, reducing the force of the hits.

Then she was pulled off me. My mind was everywhere. I was confused, I was in pain and most of all, I was filled with rage.  So I attacked her and whoever was holding her. Once again, the ground was our friend.

I tugged on her hair with both hands while straddling her. That adrenaline rush that I always loved was here and it hit ten times better. I found myself panting, as this times I was being pulled off her.

We were both being held back and for a second we locked eyes, then we started struggling. I tugged, smacked and kicked but they just wouldn't let go. What I saw was rage.

I had forgetten all my morals, I had forgotten where I was. You see, I'd let my anger get the best of me and I couldn't stop. I couldn't think because I didn't want to. I had let the rage take control and he didn't want to give it back.

Our chests were rising and falling at rapid paces and  I noticed scratches on her face. As I took in deep breaths, my growls and snarls slowly stopped. My hands fell to my sides lifelessly and I calmed down.

My heart was still beating. I was still angry as hell. But my body was tired, the adrenaline rush was over and now I realized that was the most exercise I'd convinced my body to do and now it had shut down. I was done.

"You are coming home at this time Kolupo! And you expect me to believe you were at Maureen's house since!" My bottom lip wabbled as my eyes filled with tears, each drop dancing at the edge of my bottom lashes, praying for me to blink.

I quickly wiped them away. My mother would be even more infuriated at the fact that I cried without her hitting me.  "Now tell me the truth. Where did you go?" I shook my head repeatedly. "You cannot talk."

My building sobs had closed up my larynx and I couldn't utter a word, which aided in fueling her rage. "If you do not answer me right now, I will flog you till you can't walk again." My eyes widened and I swallowed the lump in my throat.

"I wa-as at Mau..Maureen's house. I- I didn't go Anywhere ma." My mother looked me over repeatedly, a frown permanent on her lips. "And you're still lying. I know you follow boys. Olosho."

The sob slipped. And then one after the other they escaped the box of a body they were trapped in and the tears took it as their chance to fall. "Why are you crying?! Because I've said the truth Abi!" I pressed my palms to my face as my body racked with sobs. I kept wiping and they kept falling, it was an endless cycle.